All Day Sits

BKhunter

I do 5-7 all day sits a year and look forward to them. It takes some planning but is well worth the effort. I usually sit in the same stand sun up to sundown but can think of a few times I moved due to wind changes or poor movement.  Having a good spot, a heater body suit to stay warm and food n water along with a 5hr energy drink helps.

I try to sit all day . Usually I'm only successful  a few times a year.. and they always involve a few naps..lol.. I figure even if I'm sleeping at least when I wake up in in my stand and I didn't disturb anything coming or going.. except for the snoring..

I couldn't do it without my phone too

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I had to buy a back up charger pack because my phone dies in the stand because I play on it to much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Don't do it..lol

I am the laziest hunter ,longest I sit is 3 hours in good weather in bow season usually in am, 2 hours or 2.5 in evening  Opening day of gun I'm back in by 9 am.  Only time I'm out longer is if I'm still hunting. 

Getting cold is not worth a deer to me. I do ok I think ,unless you have a very good entrance and exit and perfect wind I believe your scent is increasedand exposed to deer the longer you sit.  I believe in scouting knowing where to be at a certain time and being in stand 1/2 hour before and after time. Being concience of wind and entering and exiting quietly.

I do an all day sit for the gun opener, but I will try to do a few with the bow in preparation for the opener. If I can't sit all day for whatever reason, I will make sure I'm in for the mid day hunt. Either I will hunt from sunrise to 2 pm or else I may head in around 10 am and sit until sunset. I have seen more big bucks on their feet from 10-2 than you would think. Usually mid day I will see more activity than the morning or evening. I shot a big non typical last year at 11 am, and have had many other opportunities during those mid day hours. 

I can do full day sits during bow, especially if the deer movement is good......during rifle it's a struggle to even do a few hours in the morning and evening, with the antler restrictions and lack of dmp's it's kinda put a damper on the whole thing for me.

About 6 hours is all I can take sitting in the same spot. I can still remember a week I spent in Maine bear-hunting about 20 years ago, sat in the stand from sun up to sun down (was still the summer, about 15 hours/day), did this 6 days before a bear finally showed and I killed it. Told myself NEVER again.:heat:  I do have a buddy I bow hunt with, he doesn't like breaking for lunch, and since it's his property and he usually drives, I'll get down around 11:00, sit down & eat my lunch, maybe take a snooze if it isn't too cold, and eventually work my way to another stand to finish out the day.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

About 6 hours is all I can take sitting in the same spot. I can still remember a week I spent in Maine bear-hunting about 20 years ago, sat in the stand from sun up to sun down (was still the summer, about 15 hours/day), did this 6 days before a bear finally showed and I killed it. Told myself NEVER again.:heat:  I do have a buddy I bow hunt with, he doesn't like breaking for lunch, and since it's his property and he usually drives, I'll get down around 11:00, sit down & eat my lunch, maybe take a snooze if it isn't too cold, and eventually work my way to another stand to finish out the day.

yeah, I did the same thing in Maine, worst week hunting ever.....plywood platform to sit on, by the middle of the week I had a pillow wrapped in a camo shirt to just make sitting semi tolerable.........and I didn't get a bear.

• Like 1

I don’t do all day sits till November. Unless it is warm out them I will sit till 11 then go back out for the last 2hr’s. it’s waste of time sitting all day I early October when the bow season first opens. I will sit all day in October if the day is cold. What I mean by cold is temp’s not getting out of the 40’s.