Do gun laws make us safe?

43 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Just goes to show  more New Yorker's support keeping assault rifles from the public then support the ability to buy them 

But you're OK with only the police and military having them, right?

guncontrol.png

GovtCrime.jpg

Edited by Rattler

44 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Just goes to show  more New Yorker's support keeping assault rifles from the public then support the ability to buy them 

I don't remember there ever being a vote on the SAFE Act.  It was rammed through in the middle of the night without following proper protocol.  I do not believe the majority of NY citizens even know what is in the law.  There is no proof the majority supports it.  There is proof they know very little about it, even if they happen to be gun owners.  Most NY citizens ignore it and feel it doesn't affect them.  That's not support, that's apathy about their rights.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Actually the support was from the city. Upstate was quite he opposite two totally different cultures

But the results remain the same, he was re-elected. NYC liberals carry the state

Not disagreeing on that point. Like so many other issues that arise in the state the mindsets are polar opposites with the City and Upstate.  

I know we are about as opposite as the city upstate positions but let me ask you in all seriousness. Since we are really trying to limit the crime caused with firearms, (curtail criminals). Would you support a mandatory death penalty for any crime where a firearm was used?

Id like to elaborate on my earlier post.  If you are feom an area that was for the safe acr and you voted yay on the law then you did your job.  You represented your people. Regardless how we feel.  But those who coted for it in upstate ny where the people werent for it should be ashamed.   Republican. Democrat.  Whatever.  

Breaking nys into two states.  Idk.  Yes ince you leave westchester/putnam things become different imo.  Its night and day politically especially in regards to the 2nd amendment.  We cant be the only state who has this issue.  Im sure a lot do.  Not sure what the answer is hut but having nyc dictate laws and elections for the whole state doesnt seem to be a fair reflection of the state. 

Not sure what the answer is hut but having nyc dictate laws and elections for the whole state doesnt seem to be a fair reflection of the state. 

I wouldn't necessarily say NYC dictates the  law for the entire state but there is no doubt that because of its population NYC voters tend to carry the state. 

Edited by Uptown Redneck

5 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

I wouldn't necessarily say NYC dictates the  law for the entire state but there is no doubt that because of its population NYC voters tend to carry the state. 

So, in fact, NYC does actually dictate the laws for the rest of the state, simply by being a densely-packed urban area. You're contradicting yourself.

This how the last election went.

nys-election-map-2014.png

I like this:FB_IMG_1446907855113.jpg

• Like 2

How many people against these AR style sporting rifles have even been around them? Shot one? Cleaned one ( easiest rifle I have had ever cleaned )? I am betting about 80% of the people wanting to ban are just going by a few bad seeds, and the mass propaganda that the mass media and politicians have spewed forth. Little followers following the pied piper.

As for NYC not dictating or making amendments to laws? You better check your facts because the Commissioner of the NYSP residing in NYC made the latest amendment to the safe Act. No voting, he just did it. I asked this before, when did we give permission to any LEO to start making laws? I didn't get that memo!

It's not that hard people. Stop screwing with law abiding citizens! Stop saying people who own rifles you don't like are no better the the criminals that use them as well. That's like saying those who own a handgun are more likely to commit a crime then someone who only has a pump shotgun.

I cannot argue with people who use media what some politician/s say as proof to get on a soap box. I will say there a whole lot of us who love to kick that soap box so far from underneath you, you hit your head and get some common sense.

27 minutes ago, philoshop said:

So, in fact, NYC does actually dictate the laws for the rest of the state, simply by being a densely-packed urban area

OK, seeing you want to get technical, those elected by the citizens of densely packed NYC write and vote on what becomes the law of NY, not the actual residents of NYC.

But i'll forgive you, perhaps the educational standards of whatever small little upstate hick town you live in aren't up to the same standards as those of the metro area. 

27 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

OK, seeing you want to get technical, those elected by the citizens of densely packed NYC write and vote on what becomes the law of NY, not the actual residents of NYC.

But i'll forgive you, perhaps the educational standards of whatever small little upstate hick town you live in aren't up to the same standards as those of the metro area. 

Just to be clear here. You're saying it's not the voters who elect the officials, but rather it's the officials they elect? Do you maybe see a disconnect with this thinking?

The ad hominem attack is entertaining, though. Please, do continue with those.

Educational standards in the metro area seem to be the worst in the state, since they continually pass students who can't read, write or do math and then give everyone a HS diploma and tell them they have a bright future ahead of them.  Biggest joke in the state.

My town's school system is rated the best in the state and I'm 3 hours from NYC.

I guess Redneck was educated in the metro NYC school system.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Educational standards in the metro area seem to be the worst in the state, since they continually pass students who can't read, write or do math and then give everyone a HS diploma and tell them they have a bright future ahead of them.  Biggest joke in the state.

My town's school system is rated the best in the state and I'm 3 hours from NYC.

I guess Redneck was educated in the metro NYC school system.

Redneck's yearbook photo.

g1355256455227169974.jpg

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:24 PM, Uptown Redneck said:

The modern assault rifle and high capacity magazines are designed to kill the maximum amount of people in the shortest amount of time and serve no other legitimate use and should not be allowed to be sold to or possessed by the public. Furthermore I would be willing to bet that not a single one of you would chose such a weapon as your hunting rifle.  

jeff-sniper.jpg

• Like 1

1995  yes this gun was heavy to lug around that's for sure but with the over under sights I was good out to 150 yards plus with open sights, long distance the scope was pathetically awesome!  This was an awesome gun for hunting just a bit on the heavy side for me.  Remember it's not the gun but the round you are using that makes the gun good, black does not mean it is evil!   Many hunters use a 308, does not matter what it is fired from!

• Like 1