Big 6 pt's

TreeGuy

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to hijack my own thread but I have gotten better pics since then and he is a 9. Has a wierd 5" tine for a g2 on left side and 2 1+" kickers of his g2 on right side. Guess he's a main frame 6 though . The worst part is he has moved to #2 on the hitlist.... now I'm after a droptine !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Buddy's high rise 6 

IMG_3493.JPG

Isn't it funny how terminology differs from location to location?

I saw the title "Big 6 pointers " and went ..HOLY CRAPPIN CRAP, I gotta see this!!....but there weren't any 6 points!! LOL

this one turkeyfeathers posted is a good example of what I'm getting at, this is a 2 point here

we don't count brow tines, and one side is counted only. This is a real nice 2 Point your buddy got !

so you can imagine what I was picturing in my mind reading Big6 pointer !! what would that be there?....a 14  pointer I guess! :) 

Isn't it funny how terminology differs from location to location?

I saw the title "Big 6 pointers " and went ..HOLY CRAPPIN CRAP, I gotta see this!!....but there weren't any 6 points!! LOL

this one turkeyfeathers posted is a good example of what I'm getting at, this is a 2 point here

we don't count brow tines, and one side is counted only. This is a real nice 2 Point your buddy got !

so you can imagine what I was picturing in my mind reading Big6 pointer !! what would that be there?....a 14  pointer I guess! default_smile3.gif 

I don't think I'm a fan of your math.... Are u from Canada ?
  • Like 1

This big 6 pointer I killed a few years ago, he was heavy in horns and weight.  I had him aged at the DEC and although they said 3.5 I'm still doubt it.  He just has that look that an older buck would have.........

My buddies 10 on the left and my 6 on the right.  Mine was 20+ pounds heavier than his.

IMG_3635.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

This big 6 pointer I killed a few years ago, he was heavy in horns and weight.  I had him aged at the DEC and although they said 3.5 I'm still doubt it.  He just has that look that an older buck would have.........

My buddies 10 on the left and my 6 on the right.  Mine was 20+ pounds heavier than his.

I have to say your 6 looks at least 2 years older but maybe like people  some age more gracefully. I have 2 10 pointers on my wall shot 7 years apart. The bigger one (160") has a smaller head with much less gray in the face giving it a look of a younger deer but aged at 5.5 yrs. The 131" 10 point looks a lot older but aged at 5.5 yrs. as well. The deer were shot on the same piece of property and both with a completely different looking racks.

Here is my contribution to the topic.. 85" 6 point I shot last year. Not nearly as nice as the ones posted but big bodied! I'm not long arming him.

DSC_0640_zps7lrryqwe.jpg

DSC_0635_zpscsofsitu.jpg

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 2