More jerks in the woods

fasteddie

I called my youngest son this am to see if he and his brother had taken down any of our stands in South Bristol . He said they went yesterday am to remove a couple and that the one I had in some pine trees "on private property" had the lower two sections missing . They looked around and found the sections and Nick said it looked like someone had smacked one of the sections against a tree and bent it plus the brace support that goes against the tree  had the adjustment screw missing as well as the clips that hold the sections together . He said that if hadn't been for the cable lock , the top section probably would have been missing . No ides why any idiot would do this ! The landowner is the father of my oldest son's best friend and has no idea who would have done this . 

I hold my ladder stands and climbing sticks together with security bolts (1/4 inch) and all metal lock nuts . I then use a cable lock up top that wraps tightly around the stand and the climbing sticks . obviously if someone really wanted to steal it ,they could but provides some extra hassle.

4 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

You really don't expect this to happen on Private property .

I agree ,we hunt private property and have never had anything stolen except one section of a ladder stand that we didn't use and left laying on the ground behind the stand in the brush.

had the same thing happen twice to the same stand site. About 10 yrs ago on the land we used to hunt. First time they took the whole ladder stand and the next time left the top section because it was chained and locked. The first time not locked. That was on me. Hate thiefs!!!