09/22/2016 cam check

turkeyfeathers

That effect is called the flashlight effect. It's common in older cams, some spypoint and Boly cams. Boly Media makes the cams for Cabelas. No idea how they talked Cabelas into allow the Boly name in the info strip either lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree nice looking deer, I'm just use to seeing pics with in the entire screen per say. I can post pics from my moultrie and spy point in the morning.maybe it's me but it seems your missing out on everything outside that flashlight as phade calls it.

That effect is called the flashlight effect. It's common in older cams, some spypoint and Boly cams. Boly Media makes the cams for Cabelas. No idea how they talked Cabelas into allow the Boly name in the info strip either lol.

Ballz. All 3 bought this year. Old technology eh. Off season I'm going to stash some cash and you'll here from me. Would be so much better to get text pics and not drive hour each way as well as better pics

43 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

2 of the cams have a pretty heavy canopy of pines above them. Wonder if that effects the flash?

One thing is certain. I saw enough on your pic's, to know you have every reason to be excited about the upcoming season!

• Like 1

I would think those pics are plenty good enough for what you want them for.

If you have an image editing program you can enhance your night images by boosting the shadows, and experimenting with the contrast and D-lighting. I'd say what you got are very usable shots. I wouldn't mess with the brightness or sharpening settings at all as that tends to blow out the night time IR shots and introduce more graininess. You can't do much to fix motion blurr, but your cam seems to do alright with that anyhow.

Here's a quick 2 second fix to a couple of your pics.

imageproxy.jpgtf.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Thanks Wooly. Going to nuts around with them now. I like how the one set of eyes is now a spike and just not eyes

And definitely a better view of how tall the ones rack is. Neat stuff

I was very conservative with those two.

I could have really bumped things up and made it look like a twilight shot but you lose a lot of the contrast that way.

Those aren't any fancy controls I worked with. They are pretty standard and likely you have them edit sliders in Windows or some other basic program you already import your pictures to.