Best expandable broadhead

LJC

38 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My favorite broadhead ever was the Carbon Express First Cut EXP, $15 for three at Walmart. I killed deer, bears, and hogs with those heads they had a COC head and huge cutting surface. Of course they stopped making the version I liked

Looks like you're talking about these. I don't think I have seen them at walmart. I buy the $13/pack expandables they have. They fly fine and have a decent cutting surface, with good consistency in weight. They are chisel point, though, not sharp like this on the tip.

carbonexpress.png

These look interesting, but they aren't at walmart. http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/archery/broadheads/f-15--expandable

FOUR blades in the expandable one plus a primary cutting front. That seems like it would definitely shred the target.

Edited by Core

Looks like you're talking about these. I don't think I have seen them at walmart. I buy the $13/pack expandables they have. They fly fine and have a decent cutting surface, with good consistency in weight. They are chisel point, though, not sharp like this on the tip.

carbonexpress.png
These look interesting, but they aren't at walmart. http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/archery/broadheads/f-15--expandable
FOUR blades in the expandable one plus a primary cutting front. That seems like it would definitely shred the target.

I have used those but they used to make it in two blade which I liked much better. 7a01c3db84f949a273284f3cdbd34a3d.jpg Here are a few above my laundry tub lol, they are a one and done head , I don't re use any broadhead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

any broadhead that's been out there works.  if told broadhead A, B, or C are bad, they're full of their own BS. If a head doesn't perform it doesn't continue to be produced.  Just remember you should have confidence in your chosen head and not worry about it doing what it needs to do.  slower rated bows, lighter draw weights, and lighter arrows should steer you to a particular mech head.  in that case it should be a lesser cutting diameter, more swept back blade angle when fully opened, and a cut on contact tip.  every head should be cleaned and checked before reusing.  otherwise don't blame the head when it doesn't work.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

any broadhead that's been out there works.  if told broadhead A, B, or C are bad, they're full of their own BS. If a head doesn't perform it doesn't continue to be produced.  Just remember you should have confidence in your chosen head and not worry about it doing what it needs to do.  slower rated bows, lighter draw weights, and lighter arrows should steer you to a particular mech head.  in that case it should be a lesser cutting diameter, more swept back blade angle when fully opened, and a cut on contact tip.  every head should be cleaned and checked before reusing.  otherwise don't blame the head when it doesn't work.

No doubt about it. Show me a "Broadhead failed" thread and I'll show you a bad shot or poor tracking job 99.9% of the time

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

No doubt about it. Show me a "Broadhead failed" thread and I'll show you a bad shot or poor tracking job 99.9% of the time

Yes, the best expandable broadhead is the one you send through the vitals! A $7 pack of Allen fixed blade are going to take down any deer if it's double-lunged.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanielT said:

Well said....
I think it's mainly about price point
I just can't imagine how people can pay $60 for 3 Rage broadheads but if it gives you confidence I'm all for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

if you're paying $60 for Rages heads.... taxes included then you're paying too much and someone is ripping you off.  Rage heads are just like any other and range from $35-45 in the a store.  Hell I'm still using their titanium heads they don't even make anymore and I spent less than that despite the list price was $80.  unless you're buying value packs of something at walmart, chances are the prices for heads are comparable.

Rage 2 blade flies real nice... a little tough to keep the blades tucked into the ferrule however. Get them on sale though.. can get them $25-30 and not $40... Haven't shot any other mechanical, only Muzzy and Muzzy Trocar if not the Rage. These all fly like field tips to me.

if you're paying $60 for Rages heads.... taxes included then you're paying too much and someone is ripping you off.  Rage heads are just like any other and range from $35-45 in the a store.  Hell I'm still using their titanium heads they don't even make anymore and I spent less than that despite the list price was $80.  unless you're buying value packs of something at walmart, chances are the prices for heads are comparable.

Ok...they have come down some...but still see them at 50...
But like I said...I am not buying them..to each his own...
All broadheads will kill properly with correct shot placement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Im 3 for 3 since last year with killzones. Both this year went through the shoulder blade. Both opened perfect 2" hole going through shoulders. No bent blades, same head on both deer this year, just changed out the blades. I was very happy with yesterday's buck, 5 yards away I'm 25' up sharp angle on the shoulder, no deflection straight through to the heart.

• Like 1

I've been shooting 3 blade muzzy since day one. They have never given me a reason to change or try anything different. I won't change something that works for me. 

My partner who leases with me in Illinois shoots rage and I must say they seem very unforgiving and leave you some room for error with size hole it slices in those critters! 

• Like 2

My favorite mechanical of all time were the ulmer edge heads. Killed quite a few deer with them and as forgiving and accurate as they come. Never had any luck with the rages had two open in flight and caused a miss and bad hit on two nice bucks. Now I lean towards fixed heads again but if  I'm going to shoot a mechanical I favor the reapers nothing I've hit with them has gone far.