Fisher cat

Rabbithunter1

I was joking. 

To each their own, but to me an animal that you can't really eat, a pelt only worth $35 after I have to go through a hell of a lot of hoops, and (my descriptor) a magical creature that you are lucky to see in the flesh while out in the woods is an animal worth leaving alone.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 6:54 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

I heard $30-40 tops . 

This year, is lowest fur prices in long time usually 85 to 150 apiece.. so catch them and freeze em till price is up.. just for comparison coon are 2 or 3 dollars this year.. down from 12 to 25. ...so still one the most valuable fur bearer you can catch. In nys.  

TheseFB_IMG_1476402415453-1.jpgFB_IMG_1476402420834-1.jpgFB_IMG_1476402431831-1.jpgFB_IMG_1476402436623-1.jpg are off my property from a Dec camera trap for fisher study last 3 years.. I have lots.. cuba area..

• Like 2

This year, is lowest fur prices in long time usually 85 to 150 apiece.. so catch them and freeze em till price is up.. just for comparison coon are 2 or 3 dollars this year.. down from 12 to 25. ...so still one the most valuable fur bearer you can catch. In nys.  
TheseFB_IMG_1476402415453-1.jpgFB_IMG_1476402420834-1.jpgFB_IMG_1476402431831-1.jpgFB_IMG_1476402436623-1.jpg are off my property from a Dec camera trap for fisher study last 3 years.. I have lots.. cuba area..

Nice...I have a few down the road too

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice...I have a few down the road too

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have at least 2 breeding pair, and found a den tree this summer that had 3 little ones.. had one try and take my turkey off my porch where I hung it to go inside and get a plate and knife.. they are fast quiet and deadly. .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Ther are 3 animals in our woods that I love to see almost as much as deer, fisher, bobcat and otters. If I see one while hunting it was a successful hunt. I couldn't imagine shooting one just for the mount. It's legal and I have no problem with anyone doing it just not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really give "likes" because I'm over 12 years of age, but... LIKE!

I came across several fisher cats while hunting predators this past winter.  They are fast!  One was jumping around in the trees above me while I was walking in to my ground blind.  Thing sounded like a pissed-off pterodactyl crashing through the branches!  Definitely needed a new pair of shorts after that night.  

Here's one that I caught on cam checking out a baitsicle left out for the yotes.  Never saw one in daylight though.

MFDC0182.AVI

I had one running around me Saturday up north for ML opener. It was playing cat and mouse in a brush pile chasing red squirrels about 10 yards from me. Spent about a half hour trying and then it scurried away. I have seen them at this spot about every year over the last 10. Had one come up a log I was sitting by, a couple of years ago. Sat right up, showed his teeth and kind of gave this growl hiss. He was about 20 feet away and even when I stood up and spoke it just turned and walked away. Didn't even run.  

• Like 1