More Proof that Tougher Gun Laws reduce Gun Violence

I won't spend one iota of energy pointing out all of the flaws in the methodology employed to corrupt the numbers in this study, other than to say read Prof. John Lott's book, "More Guns, Less Crime" and learn what the reality of gun control does.

It amazes me people would be stupid enough to read that article and think it offers a single shred of proof that gun control reduces crime.

Anytime an article uses the phrase, "gun violence", you know it's biased and should be immediately ignored.

6 hours ago, Rattler said:

read Prof. John Lott's book, "More Guns, Less Crime" and learn what the reality of gun control does.

I'm sure you are unaware, or if not then I'm sure you have overlooked the fact that John Lott's book is brought and paid for by the Koch brothers. And everyone knows how twisted their point of view is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

I'm sure you are unaware, or if not then I'm sure you have overlooked the fact that John Lott's book is brought and paid for by the Koch brothers. And everyone knows how twisted their point of view is.

I can debunk the gun control stops  crimes MYTH  IN  A FEW WORDS basically. 

Criminals don't follow the law that's what makes them criminals! !!!

Did drug control stop drugs ? NO SAME THING WITH GUN LAWS THEY DON'T STOP CRIMINALS.  ALL YOUR DOING IS MAKING another source of income for criminals to sell them on the black market . Good  Example Chicago .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

So what if they bought and paid for one of his books.  LOL!

They have nothing to do with Lott, or his research.  The whole reason he has been attacked by the anti gun groups is because his figures and methodology in the book, are flawless and beyond criticism.  Everything that has ever been published challenging his statistics has been trashed as pure dishonesty, with a bias towards corrupting statistics to make a case, rather than present the truth.

• Like 2

His so called facts are shown to be false by the simple fact, so simple actually that even a Little Hitler Trump supporter like yourself can grasp, America, leading the world with the number of guns possessed also leads the world in the number of gun crimes in the world, so therefore Lott's whole concept of "More guns. less crime" is false 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

His so called facts are shown to be false by the simple fact, so simple actually that even a Little Hitler Trump supporter like yourself can grasp, America, leading the world with the number of guns possessed also leads the world in the number of gun crimes in the world, so therefore Lott's whole concept of "More guns. less crime" is false 

They had 30,000 muders in Mexico last year . In a country that has 1/3 the population of usa and where guns are basically band . Btw in this country more guns are used in suicide then in crimes just to let you know the left they  put the numbers  all together   just to confuse guys like you.. 

Also having a gun is a right in this country . Not a privilege like driving a car  ,  if you want to go  their ,cars kill more people than guns so if you want to help people live ban  cars then.

Or make the speed limit 15 mph so know people will die .

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Hey genius, wouldn't it be logical the country with the most firearms has the most "gun" crimes?  But the countries with the most "gun control" have the most crimes!!  Ban firearms and you will see a huge rise in violent crime.  It has happened in every country that has done it.  But their "gun" crimes are low, BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE GUNS!  Only a simpleton believes "simple" facts, which are anything but when you analyze the figures used in the stats.   :rolleyes:

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, Uptown Redneck said:

Stop and Frisk and harsher sentences for crimes committed with a weapon. Redneck, you  always want to see the honest person suffer more Laws and give up more rights, than address the real problem. Like another member pointed out the lefts extreme ideas when implemented DON'T WORK! 

• Like 1

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Uptown Redneck said:

They had 30,000 muders in Mexico last year . In a country that has 1/3 the population of usa and where guns are basically band . Btw in this country more guns are used in suicide then in crimes just to let you know the left they  put the numbers  all together   just to confuse guys like you.. 

Also having a gun is a right in this country . Not a privilege like driving a car  ,  if you want to go  their ,cars kill more people than guns so if you want to help people live ban  cars then.

Or make the speed limit 15 mph so know people will die .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EspressoBuzz said:

Funny but I find the fact and it is fact that the gun lobby and GOP killed any bills that would allow the CDC to study gun deaths and the effect of gun laws on them driven by the idea that they know what the finding will be...

We already no they don't work why waist the money just look at Chicago .

oooooooh look Chicago!, if i had a nickle foe every idiot that said that I'd be Trump.

Oooh look at Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Illinois. Rhode Island. Maryland, Hawaii, New York, Massachusetts. New Jersey and California. All of which have passed tougher gun laws and saw dramatic drop in gun deaths. Notice that Illinois (the state with Chicago in it) also saw a statewide drop in gun deaths.

FACTS LJC not stupid internet memes repeated ad naseum

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LJC said:

We already no they don't work why waist the money just look at Chicago .

The GOP, beholden to the idiots that make up the NRA, at the NRA's request, won't allow the CDC to study gun deaths because the NRA knows any study will show just how out of touch with reality, false and deadly to the American people the NRA's views are

36 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

The GOP, beholden to the idiots that make up the NRA, at the NRA's request, won't allow the CDC to study gun deaths because the NRA knows any study will show just how out of touch with reality, false and deadly to the American people the NRA's views are

Because the CDC is not a law enforcement agencies crime is not a  disease in the first place only a moron would waist tax money on something so stupid what are they going to study that bullets kill people when you shoot them out of a gun lol yea we need a $100 million  study to tell us that guns  kill people really lol 

1 hour ago, EspressoBuzz said:

Funny but I find the fact and it is fact that the gun lobby and GOP killed any bills that would allow the CDC to study gun deaths and the effect of gun laws on them driven by the idea that they know what the finding will be...

I personally could write the CDC's conclusion to any 1/2 billion dollar study they might conduct. In fact, here it is:

"The CDC's study on this matter has determined that the 2A should be removed from the US Constitution." (This would be the summary of a 1500 page report, of course.)

I'll be waiting anxiously for my $500,000,000 check for freeing up these bureaucrats to pursue other matters such as the cause of the current TB epidemic in Minnesota. You're welcome!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2016 at 4:56 PM, EspressoBuzz said:

oooooooh look Chicago!, if i had a nickle foe every idiot that said that I'd be Trump.

Oooh look at Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Illinois. Rhode Island. Maryland, Hawaii, New York, Massachusetts. New Jersey and California. All of which have passed tougher gun laws and saw dramatic drop in gun deaths. Notice that Illinois (the state with Chicago in it) also saw a statewide drop in gun deaths.

Why do you guys keep saying "gun deaths"?  Sure, if you confiscate a lot of the responsible gun owners firearms, you take a lot of guns out of the hands of citizens and you will see fewer "gun deaths".  (BTW, these "gun death" numbers also include justifiable homicides, justified police shootings and legal self defense shootings.  You want those lowered too?)  But do you see fewer deaths overall?  Fewer suicides?  Fewer murders?  NO!  So stop pushing this anti-gun crap using Orwellian double speak. These are anti-gun talking points and it's obvious you have swallowed them. Taking guns away and having laws that only effect law abiding people does NOT reduce CRIME!  And if it doesn't, why do you guys think it's a good idea?  Does it make you feel good to know fewer people get shot, but more got knifed and blugdeoned?  Or do you just think less freedom and more government control is a good thing?

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 4

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:56 PM, EspressoBuzz said:

Muders don't go down with more gun laws it's a fact . The anti  gun lobby never tells  you the truth they  mix in suicide by gun with crime for example.

21,175 suicides by gun 

The only thing gun control does is effect those numbers .

Does not effect crime stats criminals don't follow the law examples  Chicago and Detroit 

Edited by LJC