Scrape Activity

Cabin Fever

I started a few mock scrapes in mid-Sept and they've gotten attention. I found a few half-assed scrapes over the past week. While out checking cams today, I passed by several spots that historically have scrapes. They were all torn up! Out of curiosity, I took a walk into my small fields (old foodplots) and looked at a few tree limbs that I purposely left there during my final mowing of the summer, to either entice bucks to make a scrape under or for me to start mock scrapes. Every one of them have a torn up scrape under! I walked my ATV paths and every limb that I left hanging in the path have a scrape also! They are tearing them up!

• Like 4

Still no fresh buck sign by me up in 4L.  The does are here, so it's probably best to wait for the bucks to arrive in a couple of weeks, and scout for buck sign elsewhere.

I did start a mock scrape, but only a forkie checks it out, and the the other, used scrape has been maintained by me only.  I've used buck urine, as well as my own in both spots.

mid October if they're scrapes near cover/bedding hunt them.  if they're scrapes at edges of main ag fields or food plots then it might be a lost cause getting on bucks.  they might not be working them during daylight.  come rut any scrape can get hit at any time of day but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket hunting over one then versus other reasons for a stand location.

mid October if they're scrapes near cover/bedding hunt them.  if they're scrapes at edges of main ag fields or food plots then it might be a lost cause getting on bucks.  they might not be working them during daylight.  come rut any scrape can get hit at any time of day but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket hunting over one then versus other reasons for a stand location.

I agree, good place for a camera though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk