Weather

growalot

Someone said cool temps this weekend...God bless them because here, we are going into the mid to high 70's day temps and then 60's at night...next week looks miserable weather wise...warm day and night with rain due during morning /night when temps are a bit cooler,as it were. Looks like I'll hit some stands I haven't but might be on an observation setting. Been hunting doe thus far haven't really put an effort into bring in the buck quite yet...a mock scrape and a little scent...no calling nor rattling...decoys are not coming out just yet. I just finish the last of garden tomatoes and have to pickle the last of jalapeno peppers...tired of having to rush and push things...I get a deer I don't want it to be a PITA after I get it...rush,rush, rush....Switching to turkey mode for a time.

• Like 2

Sat out this weekend as well and tied up some loose ends around the house...pulled some cards this morning and moved a cell cam since the squirrels were triggering it left and right....a new rub popped up 30 yards from a pop up blind that has been out since of September. The woods is just starting to get good!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm ok with that forecast ! I work while it's raining and off when it stops . Haven't been out in a week or so and that'll stretch it to close to two weeks . No other hunters in my woods, should be good on Sunday !

Did a little scouting/small game hunting with a member here yesterday morning.  Then caught up with a few farm chores and shot my hunting rifle. After that, home to a couple home chores and football. Just too warm! Need a good cool down to get the deer moving more during daylight. So far, this season is very similar to last year with the above average temps.

• Like 1

I just got in from a 4 hour sit. Didn't start raining here till little after 8. Deer all moved predawn with the exception of 2 1/2 year old buck that came in behind me. He did zig zags in the open field, then looked back at me as like he was saying goodbye. More in likely caught my scent in the northeast breeze.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
no spell checkers
  • Like 1

Judging by the forecast for my area in 4L, I'll be sitting out until Monday afternoon, until after the rain rolls through.  I'm going to use the opportunity to scout some new land in 4K, and hopefully sit within the corner of a field edge with sign.  That's the dream, anyway...  I'll probably end up in some hardwoods, just like everywhere else around me.  Ha.

If the forecast holds true, walking in should be relatively easy with a steady wind from the west, and wet leaves to walk on.  I'll be trying the climber out for its first hunt.

Sunday also looks to be a good evening hunt weather-wise, but I don't think I'll have the time to get out.

As a general statement on the weather, I'm tired of the dramatic changes, and would prefer some slow-moving shifts and gradual changes, if only for the sake of the trees, plants, etc.

• Like 1

I sat the area 10 minutes from home for a couple hours this morning. Not feeling the best so wanted to be out well before I could get soaked. Now that a good chunk of leaves are off the trees, I can actually see the mountain I been hunting from my yard ( if I could drive straight there it would take 4 minutes ). Had the dog out around 12:30 pm, and watched the rain come over that towards us, and boy did the fog get thick on the side of that mountain for about an hour. They said occasional soaking showers, not a two and a half hour downpour. But, we need the rain so......................

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

I don't have a wet basement, but if we get a ton or rain or a big snow thaw all at once, it seeps in onto the basement floor. As you can imagine, with all this rain, it seeped in! I used the shop vac and sucked up ~20 gallons so far. The sump pump keeps chugging along... Thank God!