Where are the geese?

Salmon_Run

I'm not sure if they were migrating birds or local birds-  I was upstate this weekend, Otsego County and saw some birds flying- not a lot.  In the late mornings, there were birds in cut corn fields on my way home.  One field had a few hundred birds.

Had a few flocks pass overhead just before the big "hunters moon" rose three nights ago.

100+ honkers EASILY.... maybe even 200+ total but I wasn't counting as they came in waves.

They all landed in that new winter wheat field I asked about the other day.

Pitching down into the field against a painterly autumn backdrop. Wish I had been a little closer and had better light for this shot.

Really made me wish I was a goose hunter at the moment!

Edit to add- southern Erie County

DSC_0066_filtered.JPG

Edited by wooly
  • Like 3

What a beautiful picture Wooly...you've earned your " Angel wings " a very long time ago with the joy your talent brings.

3 of my sits I could have shot geese from my stand...We are in a fly way...for birds and planes...but they get up here on the hill and glide just over the tree tops...there are a lot of ponds around though. Plus cut corn and WW fields

• Like 1