Surprised to see this guy

fasteddie

Well, good for you, tough guys...

Unfortunately for you, the courts don't consider  trespassing a capital offense.  Murder, on the other hand......

Remember the guy in western PA a couple years back ?  He confronted some trespassing hunters, pulled a handgun and fired a shot.  One of the hunters defended himself with his deer rifle and now the landowner is pushing up daisies.

I'd call that a bad ( and incredibly STUPID) choice.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Huntscreek said:

I just had the DEC out to handle the Amish Trespassers. They are a whole different animal of 365 days of killers. I don't think the chubby guy in the orange is going to kill anything but your hunt.

They are worse than CWD they kill everythying and have no regard for posted signs. The worst part is they all look the same so it is hard to ID them unless you catch them red handed. I'm not sure how they press charges on a guy that doesn't have a driver's license.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I didn't shoot anywheres near the person and I was well over 100yarfs away. I aimed at a nearby dead tree and fired a round.. and stated early that it wasn't the smartest choice, and a choice I won't make again lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why not I shoot the steps to their tree stand off that's what I do! They look like a mouse that is cornered, not sure whether to jump or try their luck with the steps!

Just kidding guys, but back in the day when my grandfather was my age he used to take his chainsaw and cut a notch out of the tree, usually on the side of the tree they need to climb. He said no one ever came back for their stands.

Edited by chas0218

48 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Well, good for you, tough guys...

Unfortunately for you, the courts don't consider  trespassing a capital offense.  Murder, on the other hand......

Remember the guy in western PA a couple years back ?  He confronted some trespassing hunters, pulled a handgun and fired a shot.  One of the hunters defended himself with his deer rifle and now the landowner is pushing up daisies.

I'd call that a bad ( and incredibly STUPID) choice.

Not a tough guy. If you want to put up with the cap go ahead, I don't .  Had the cops called on me for it once. Trooper told the guy he should stay off other people's property. The problem in PA was the confrontation. Never walk up to them. Shoot and start yelling. They are too scared to shoot back all they want is out of there. Human nature to flee first. If protecting my property is being a tufo guy then that is what I am. I say I am someone who got tired of people thinking they can do what they want. 

Need to do something to stop the trespassing and the laws do not work. My way does.

Jesus some of you guys are nuts. I own a bunch of land and have to deal with trespassers once in a while and have never raised my voice to any of them. I try not to let stuff bother me because there is way more important stuff to worry about. If I catch them I'll tell them to drag their arse and not come back. Myself or my brother are hunting somewhere on the property about everyday and most know this by now. I have only ever had to talk to someone twice on 1 occasion and that was ended with powering an existing electric fence and 50k gallons of liquid manure spread on the edge of his property line in the field that surrounded his half acre yard. Never needed the cops he got the point and never had to spoke to him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

In all seriousness, I agree with Pygmy.  A point can be made without involving firearms.  That is just asking for a bad outcome.  

yes i agree i know of a guy that got into border wars with guy on his property it got heated and fist were flying he beat the crap out of the guy then pointed the gun at him and told him to leave..  the property owner won the fight on his land .few hours later the DEC and sheriff showed up and arrested him. he admitted everything thinking he was right to defend his property  WRONG!! not in NY . he got charged with felony assault and a few other charges.. it cost him big time and im sure the dirt bag trespasser probably thought it was hilarious.  

anyway back to fasteddys OP .. the mama boy picture kills me still !!  that is classic !  

Yup...Bad choices again....

Introduce firearms into a  highly emotional confrontation and you are asking for trouble..

Say,  the trespasser just happens to get hit...If he survives you are going to face criminal charges PLUS probably a civil suit, which can cost you big time.. If he dies you are up for murder or at least for manslaughter.

Also, you are likely to be spending a long time behind bars with your cellmate BUBBA admiring your plump white ass, thinking about what a WISE choice you made...

Have at it, tough guys...You certainly have more balls than you have brains..

• Like 4

A property i have permission on had a repeat trespasser. First year I caught him I yelled and warned him. Next time I followed him to his truck and recorded him with date and time and my warning of involving authorites next time. He did not like being filmed. And After I turned off video I really complimented his nice truck. No threats and I have a record now. I haven't seen him on any cams yet. Hopefully he got the message. I wish I could do more but not owning the property and having the owner being a 94 year old women I don't want to escalate things . I'm afraid she would revoke my permission

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BuckThornBooners said:

yes i agree i know of a guy that got into border wars with guy on his property it got heated and fist were flying he beat the crap out of the guy then pointed the gun at him and told him to leave..  the property owner won the fight on his land .few hours later the DEC and sheriff showed up and arrested him. he admitted everything thinking he was right to defend his property  WRONG!! not in NY . he got charged with felony assault and a few other charges.. it cost him big time and im sure the dirt bag trespasser probably thought it was hilarious.  

anyway back to fasteddys OP .. the mama boy picture kills me still !!  that is classic !  

And if the trespasser was smart he could also sue in civil court and cost the landowner a hell of a lot more in civil damages  

7 minutes ago, brownclown said:

A property i have permission on had a repeat trespasser. First year I caught him I yelled and warned him. Next time I followed him to his truck and recorded him with date and time and my warning of involving authorites next time. He did not like being filmed. And After I turned off video I really complimented his nice truck. No threats and I have a record now. I haven't seen him on any cams yet. Hopefully he got the message. I wish I could do more but not owning the property and having the owner being a 94 year old women I don't want to escalate things . I'm afraid she would revoke my permission

Video is a great idea.  Makes everyone nervous.  Stay polite but firm and they won't be back with video.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Yup...Bad choices again....

Introduce firearms into a  highly emotional confrontation and you are asking for trouble..

Say,  the trespasser just happens to get hit...If he survives you are going to face criminal charges PLUS probably a civil suit, which can cost you big time.. If he dies you are up for murder or at least for manslaughter.

Also, you are likely to be spending a long time behind bars with your cellmate BUBBA admiring your plump white ass, thinking about what a WISE choice you made...

Have at it, tough guys...You certainly have more balls than you have brains..

There are 3 state troopers, 1 county judge, 1 town judge, and a couple of prison guards in our hunting party. Also an Eco who comes a couple times a year. They are worse then I am. There saying is pick up the empty and go get a different gun. Not really a problem.

Funny seeing people posting about trouble with trespassers. Haveing to tell someone to stay off even once is too much let alone 2 or 3 times. Get the point across and word gets out and you have no problems again. Heck one neighbor hasn't  been back in 9 years. He only used his property to access ours. He was told twice the first year after that it was done my way. He decided it wasn't  worth it I guess.

It's  not being a tuff guy. I refuse to lose hunting time Chace in people off and this has put a stop to it. Everyone posting how the have problems with trespassers and even ones who have been kicked off come back. Every year there are posts of complaining about trespassers from many on here. I do not have those problems. I found a way to stop it yet I'm  the bad guy. Go ahead waste your season chasing trespassers  I am not.

There are 3 state troopers, 1 county judge, 1 town judge, and a couple of prison guards in our hunting party. Also an Eco who comes a couple times a year. They are worse then I am. There saying is pick up the empty and go get a different gun. Not really a problem.
             Funny seeing people posting about trouble with trespassers. Haveing to tell someone to stay off even once is too much let alone 2 or 3 times. Get the point across and word gets out and you have no problems again. Heck one neighbor hasn't  been back in 9 years. He only used his property to access ours. He was told twice the first year after that it was done my way. He decided it wasn't  worth it I guess.
              It's  not being a tuff guy. I refuse to lose hunting time Chace in people off and this has put a stop to it. Everyone posting how the have problems with trespassers and even ones who have been kicked off come back. Every year there are posts of complaining about trespassers from many on here. I do not have those problems. I found a way to stop it yet I'm  the bad guy. Go ahead waste your season chasing trespassers  I am not.

No lawsuit or legal trouble is worth a deer to me.

Sounds like you hunt with a real good group of guys nothing I like being around more than crooked cops.

• Like 1

Interesting topic.....I have yet to meet someone who owns a piece of land for recreation that doesn't have/had this issue.
Although the idea of buying something appeals to me, I don't think I want the headache.

No issue here yet for me. Talked to the only adjoining landowner and exchanged recovery rights upon a phone call. Other border is landlocked stateland that only a few houses border and none of them hunt.

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No issue here yet for me. Talked to the only adjoining landowner and exchanged recovery rights upon a phone call. Other border is landlocked stateland that only a few houses border and none of them hunt.

Hope you get to stay lucky.

I have a popular state land one full property of 200 acres is between us.

Years ago it was OK, now they are camping there with RV's, tents and fires for open day and including Oct 1 this year.....

I own just 4 acres and I get guys walking through here a few times a year, through three sets of posted signs over 1/2 mile through the woods.

One said he seen a stand of mine so wanted to check it out! Its a tank stand for syrup at the end of a mainline run!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

Interesting topic.....I have yet to meet someone who owns a piece of land for recreation that doesn't have/had this issue.

Although the idea of buying something appeals to me, I don't think I want the headache.

Oh There were problems. Once I approached them in a way in which got my point across and remembered the problems stopped.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

No lawsuit or legal trouble is worth a deer to me.

Sounds like you hunt with a real good group of guys nothing I like being around more than crooked cops.

Who said they were crooked. I have a right to keep people off my property. How I do that is my choice. As long Noone sees anything it is just hearsay. I got news for you there is not a cop judge or anyone else in law enforcement who is not an outlaw to some degree. If they were completely on the up and up they could not do there job correctly. Just as there no civilians who are completely law abideing. Good cops and bad cops do not exist there are only cops and not so bad cops. And then some really bad cops.

So what you are saying is that if  people  who are involved in law enforcement  break the law, they are not crooked....

Ummmm.. Okay.....  I guess this means that you a Hilary supporter...

It's OK to break the law as long as you don't get caught...Right ??

• Like 1