11/11 - finally - a decent one came my way

Jim Droz

• 2 weeks later...

That is pretty cool LET EM GROW,  I have been up there for 16 years - the Bear population is definitely increasing up there. Out of the 8 of us at our camp 2 of us seen one about 5 years ago, no sighting's in person since then. But I did have about half a dozen on camera this year, the most I have ever had. 

I had the same one on camera about 6 times, so I think a den may be close by. But have never personally seen it.

NICE ! Good for her,  seems like they hit the Jackpot on there new property ! 

Did they harvest any bears or no interest in that ? I have actually met a couple locals out there that have seen Bears and never shot them on Gillies Hill, a couple minutes from the INN. They seem to see them some what regularly and just think its to much work.  The property  directly behind the bar had a bear up there so much last year the DEC gave him permission to shoot the bear during the summer, due to him eating his gardens. The owner ended up shooting the bear with rubber bullets a couple different occasions, until he got the hint. 

I am definately in search on my first Bear,I always offer to help with the Bear population on there property. But have had no takes yet lol