New Year new exercise...

growalot

regiment? I left the gym, they upped prices,took away all specials...expanded but didn't add any new equipment and put in a rubber mat floor that is off gassing terribly. They told clients that stayed  we're going to cover it with carpet again...lol...I said to the person...think about this...do you think being covered it's not going to continue giving off toxic gasses in a small area? where do you think those gasses will go?  Any ways I'm back to walking and working in the woods...got soaked today...and the elliptical and I now have the suspension gym set up. I am back to the light weights for now and the balance ball. For what I'll be saving I can get a good stationary bike. I'm saving an hour going down and back and at least a half hour with the people that insist on trying to chat....and a tank of gas a week. Plus I open at 5(need coffee first) they are 6am...The suspension gym is my own weight and is quiet so I can work out as late as I want takes up no space.... So we'll see how it goes...What are you guys doing?

• Like 2

What's a gym ? They're as foreign to me as a NYS mountain lion. To shooting a wall hanger buck . To shooting a spring turkey last year. Etc 

i do sit ups though. First half when alarm goes off in morning. Second half when I lay back down at night. 

Been known to do some 12 ounce ( beer ) curls too. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

What's a gym ? They're as foreign to me as a NYS mountain lion. To shooting a wall hanger buck . To shooting a spring turkey last year. Etc 

i do sit ups though. First half when alarm goes off in morning. Second half when I lay back down at night. 

Been known to do some 12 ounce ( beer ) curls too. 

You're not talking about fifty reps in the morning and fifty reps in the evening, are ya? I mean sit ups, not beers.

46 minutes ago, growalot said:

regiment? I left the gym, they upped prices,took away all specials...expanded but didn't add any new equipment and put in a rubber mat floor that is off gassing terribly. They told clients that stayed  we're going to cover it with carpet again...lol...I said to the person...think about this...do you think being covered it's not going to continue giving off toxic gasses in a small area? where do you think those gasses will go?  Any ways I'm back to walking and working in the woods...got soaked today...and the elliptical and I now have the suspension gym set up. I am back to the light weights for now and the balance ball. For what I'll be saving I can get a good stationary bike. I'm saving an hour going down and back and at least a half hour with the people that insist on trying to chat....and a tank of gas a week. Plus I open at 5(need coffee first) they are 6am...The suspension gym is my own weight and is quiet so I can work out as late as I want takes up no space.... So we'll see how it goes...What are you guys doing?

I'm still recovering from whatever flattened me last summer and fall, but I think I'm gaining on it. The docs aren't helping much with that. Way too many opinions without any really constructive suggestions. That's a different story.

My brother gave me a bunch of different weight rubber tubing sets to pull against to get my shoulder back in shape for next bow season, and I try to walk a bit every day. Best I can do for now.

• Like 1

I do whatever my body lets me. Sat. is deadlift day, along with a few cleans or shrugs, rows , chins and finish with 3 farmers walks with 88 pound KBs. Shoulders just letting  me back into chins so I hold it to 25 ( broken up ).

I wing it most other days, typical would be row 5 minutes, 25 push ups, 10 KB swings, 5 rounds . Mix and match may sub in rope climbs . Or do tractor tire flips 7 down 7 back followed by 10 hits with a sledge hammer, 20 minutes .

Other days Jacobs ladder and the stair trac which is a moving set of stairs like and escalator , often with a 45 pound weight vest . I like the stair trac as its up high and I get a great view of the yoga pant clad moms . 

plus foam roller, PT exersizes and stretches . I skipped today .....

• Like 1

Goosifer..Lol I don't know about that.. for all I do and how we eat...I'm still way over weight...I have to do this in order to not gain more and just move..between years and years of injuries and arthritis...if I don't keep moving I'll seize up like tin man in a rain storm...:wink:

33 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

I do whatever my body lets me. Sat. is deadlift day, along with a few cleans or shrugs, rows , chins and finish with 3 farmers walks with 88 pound KBs. Shoulders just letting  me back into chins so I hold it to 25 ( broken up ).

I wing it most other days, typical would be row 5 minutes, 25 push ups, 10 KB swings, 5 rounds . Mix and match may sub in rope climbs . Or do tractor tire flips 7 down 7 back followed by 10 hits with a sledge hammer, 20 minutes .

Other days Jacobs ladder and the stair trac which is a moving set of stairs like and escalator , often with a 45 pound weight vest . I like the stair trac as its up high and I get a great view of the yoga pant clad moms . 

plus foam roller, PT exersizes and stretches . I skipped today .....

I have access to a tractor, a few chainsaws, and of course my newly acquired rubber bands. Where exactly are these yoga-panted gals found? Apologies for my limited attention span.

• Like 1

I joined weight watchers and a gym last February, it took me 55 years, but i beat it, anorexia, I owned anorexia. By August I lost 60#, then I caught Legionaries disease, talk about a weight lose program, I lost another 13.4# in less than a week. I've been back at the gym almost every day for the last 5 or 6 weeks. I'm still not right, but I'm trying. I never thought I would ever say this but, daily exercise is a very good thing, I feel a lot better than I did a year ago. Don't be afraid to give it a try, what do you have to loose? 

• Like 2

Helmet , first of welcome !  Second way to go and stick with it . As the sign says on the door at my gym, " showing up is half the battle ." 

Philoshop, I use bands a few times a week it's about all I can do for my shoulders . I do internal and external rotations , and hold it in my palms elbows at waist forearms at 90 degrees  and pull out and hold .

Edited by Larry302

I took the easy route . I join a group every Dec it's call 1000 miles a year. Every year you make a goal to walk 1000 miles not to hard 3 miles a day . This year I upped it to 2000 miles a year so that's 6 miles a day I do alot looking for sheds and when we go hiking so I am thinking I can do it . I only count exercise miles I don't count my everyday walking like work . 

• Like 1

OK guys good news for the New Years health so far...blood work came back and I am at <1% chance of heart disease in the next 10 years :D       total 170

HDL 69

LDL 88

Trig. 74

I know that has him scratching his head...and probably thinking about another thyroid test...lol Oh and everything else is normal

Edited by growalot

Today I was searching for work out gear/equipment  and Walmart had some fair deals. I have been looking at Battle Ropes and they are expensive...just buying the rope to make them is expensive...For you guys/gals that do iron man competitions,our daughter did one this spring with a groups of friends guy/ girl teams and such. This would be a great duel purpose thing to have...for they can be set to work as climbing ropes... excellent cardio work out and for us bow hunters great arm/ shoulder work outs...I think a pretty good price...For those unfamiliar I posted a YouTube link

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/battle-rope

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=youtube+battle+ropes&t=ffhp&ia=videos&iax=1&iai=18YTU-2Oz50

Edited by growalot