Trump's press conference

9 hours ago, Doc said:

I hope that some homeland security agency is keeping an eye on this guy, because, I really don't think he is quite right in the head and per his tone and wording, he may be of some danger to himself and those around him. Seriously, the boy (or whatever) has an element of mindless hatred and instability in his ravings that bear watching.

Taking a page straight from the last republican fool who sat in the Oval Office, declaring anyone who speaks out against their twisted policies as "unpatriotic" and a potential threat.

Too bad for you that the over-whelming majority of those in my part of the state, you know that part of the state that sets the laws and policies that all you backward, upstate citizens that no one even thinks about are forced to live under and those same people who elects your governor all say and think the same as me when it comes to the incoming clown president. With that being said, and the same feelings felt by millions of other Americans across the nation, i guess those national security agents will be working a lot of over-time during the next 4 years.   

Uptown, lumping all 'upstate citizens' together is as stupid as saying that everyone downstate thinks the way you do.  I live on Long island and I can tell you for sure that not everyone (not even the majority) in this area think like you do.

Edited by virgil
  • Like 1

Taking a page straight from the last republican fool who sat in the Oval Office, declaring anyone who speaks out against their twisted policies as "unpatriotic" and a potential threat.
Too bad for you that the over-whelming majority of those in my part of the state, you know that part of the state that sets the laws and policies that all you backward, upstate citizens that no one even thinks about are forced to live under and those same people who elects your governor all say and think the same as me when it comes to the incoming clown president. With that being said, and the same feelings felt by millions of other Americans across the nation, i guess those national security agents will be working a lot of over-time during the next 4 years.   

I find it funny you talk down about the people who keep your precious city running. Without us you'd all starve to death. Your city can not function or survive without the people outside of it bringing in the supplies you need. Your little bubble only exists because of us. Remember that
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

No different then the many on this site who boycotted Under Armour for dropping the woman whose husband killed the bear with the spear

Huge difference and you really know it. UA is a sporting apparel supplier including hunting clothing. They dropped her becasue of a legal hunting activity.  The LL Bean boycott is becasue of a Trump donation of ONE of the owners and in fact both candidates received donations. 

Huge difference and you really know it. UA is a sporting apparel supplier including hunting clothing. They dropped her becasue of a legal hunting activity.  The LL Bean boycott is becasue of a Trump donation of ONE of the owners and in fact both candidates received donations. 

The guy has no concept of reality around him. Makes wild comparisons that have little to nothing to do with each other. LL Bean has 52 family owners if I remember correctly. ONE of them gave like 30 grand to a trump PAC. I hardly call that a massive donation by the company itself. Some of the owners donated to obamas campaign years ago as well.

3 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

I have no problems with those that express political and philosophical differences with any of the politicians on either side of the aisle. But when that turns to constant irrational hate speech and starts sounding like someone who is beyond mere disagreement and sounds like any day they could flip out, I find that a little weird. When someone starts wishing chaos and failure on the entire country simply based on their own internal hatred, that to me is a flag that someone should maybe be watching. There are people who go over the edge with their rabid political hate-speech. I think you are one of them. It's an extreme behavior that indicates a bit of instability that can turn into who knows what.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have no problems with those that express political and philosophical differences with any of the politicians on either side of the aisle. But when that turns to constant irrational hate speech and starts sounding like someone who is beyond mere disagreement and sounds like any day they could flip out, I find that a little weird. When someone starts wishing chaos and failure on the entire country simply based on their own internal hatred, that to me is a flag that someone should maybe be watching. There are people who go over the edge with their rabid political hate-speech. I think you are one of them. It's an extreme behavior that indicates a bit of instability that can turn into who knows what.

I would be very interested in your credentials that allow you to provide psychological diagnosis. 

11 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

I would be very interested in your credentials that allow you to provide psychological diagnosis. 

I know a crazy person when I hear him, and usually the only person that cannot recognize weird and irrational behavior, is the one displaying it.

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Still not seeing any difference.Or is it that when some here boycott over hunting issues that's acceptable, but boycotting over political causes isn't? Please do explain. However I'm really not expecting anything of substance from you. Like your incoming president facts and rational thoughts seem to be of no concern

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

I know a crazy person when I hear him, and usually the only person that cannot recognize weird and irrational behavior, is the one displaying it.

Again your simpleton opinion is worthless. As a has-been farmer until you have mastered the science of psychology your comments are irrelevant. 

Edited by Uptown Redneck

10 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Again your simpleton opinion is worthless. Until you have mastered the science of psychology your comments are irrelevant. 

Yes, as I said above, the only ones that cannot recognize extreme mental instability are those that suffer from it. I'm sorry to be so blunt ...... Well, maybe not really .... lol.

• Like 1

Regarding the attempts at boycotting L.L. Bean, I fully expect a spike in sales as a result. To declare a boycott based on the personal support of one of the officers in the company is the height of lunacy that even Dems cannot swallow. It wasn't even a corporate action or decision. I think that people are growing a bit weary of all of this nonsense

Still not seeing any difference.Or is it that when some here boycott over hunting issues that's acceptable, but boycotting over political causes isn't? Please do explain. However I'm really not expecting anything of substance from you. Like your incoming president facts and rational thoughts seem to be of no concern

Has nothing to do with the difference between hunting or political reasons to boycott. Has everything to do with the reasons WHY people are saying to boycott. As you dem libs seem to also forget, knowing the TRUTH behind your actions is how things should be done. Your boycotting over the decision of one person who owns a small share of the company. Seems pretty damn dumb if you step back and think about it.

Under armour is a corporation. Decisions are made by more than one person and usually need a majority vote to approve big things. So as a entire company, under armour dropped a hunter for doing nothing more than following the laws. Just because some anti hunting jack offs disapprove, the company cuts ties and cowers away.

The actions that led to the boycotts are two totally separate things. Idc who boycotts what. But at least come to the table with a solid damn good reason
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

So now you are reduced to simply re-posting your unfounded babbling nonsense.

I simply am re-stating the obvious since you seem to be a little too dense or just completely on the verge of mental collapse such that you are having problems understanding the point.

8 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Has nothing to do with the difference between hunting or political reasons to boycott. Has everything to do with the reasons WHY people are saying to boycott. As you dem libs seem to also forget, knowing the TRUTH behind your actions is how things should be done. Your boycotting over the decision of one person who owns a small share of the company. Seems pretty damn dumb if you step back and think about it.

Under armour is a corporation. Decisions are made by more than one person and usually need a majority vote to approve big things. So as a entire company, under armour dropped a hunter for doing nothing more than following the laws. Just because some anti hunting jack offs disapprove, the company cuts ties and cowers away.

The actions that led to the boycotts are two totally separate things. Idc who boycotts what. But at least come to the table with a solid damn good reason

To begin with I have no plans to boycott either LL Bean or Under Armour,mostly because I don't usually buy either company's products, however just as some here have/had a reason to boycott UA others too have their reason for boycotting LL Bean. For whatever reason people will do what people do. . 

19 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

To begin with I have no plans to boycott either LL Bean or Under Armour,mostly because I don't usually buy either company's products, however just as some here have/had a reason to boycott UA others too have their reason for boycotting LL Bean. For whatever reason people will do what people do. . 

So in you opinion the reason they are the same is because they are both boycotts? 

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

So in you opinion the reason they are the same is because they are both boycotts? 

That would be the simple answer. To put it another way, hunters boycotted UA because they felt that UA was against their views/interests, those boycotting LL Bean are doing so because they feel that the incoming clown president doesn't speak to their views/interests. No difference between the two, a boycott, no matter the reasons for it, is still a boycott. Personally I used to occasionally stop in at a local sporting goods store when looking for a "hard to find" item, last time i passed by them they had hanging outside a huge banner showing support for the clown, now I have "blacklisted" them. Will my boycott have any effect on them, most certainly not, just as the boycotts against others, Target, UA, LL Bean, will have no negative effect on them. But hey, if it makes someone feel good, then so be it. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Regarding the attempts at boycotting L.L. Bean, I fully expect a spike in sales as a result. To declare a boycott based on the personal support of one of the officers in the company is the height of lunacy that even Dems cannot swallow. It wasn't even a corporate action or decision. I think that people are growing a bit weary of all of this nonsense

Because of this discussion, today I went specifically to the LLBean website and spent $100.  It felt good!

• Like 2