Hunting superstition

Trigger518

9 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Buddy shot a bunny while sitting on the dumper. Forgot to have barrel fully extended out the bathroom window. His ears rang for days with the .17. Then again he also shot a big doe from his garage wearing only boxers in near zero temps. He remembered this time to have 12 gauge barrel outside the door. 

I shot a red fox while I was standing buck naked in my kitchen...He was  trying to break into my chicken coop in the middle of the night. I got out of bed, grabbed the wife's 20 gauge 1100, cracked the kitchen door and dropped him.

I also shot a doe one time while I was taking a leak...I  had to go, so I leaned my muzzleloader against a tree and proceeded to empty my bladder..A big doe stood up from her bed about fifty yards away...I  picked up my rifle and shot her with Big Bob  just hanging there swinging in the breeze.

I set the rifle down, finished my leak, tucked the old warrior back into my Carharts and went to collect my deer.

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 4

Opening day on the drive down I play Subterranean Homesick Blues over and over till I park at my spot .

As far as killing them from my couch , that is pretty easy but some of the pearl clutchers in the neighborhood get all uptight ....

image.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m not a religionist person but I always pay to god that I get back safely to my family and put in prayers for my family and to see deer. I never ask god to let me kill a deer. Then I pray to Orion the god of hunters for a true shot and a kill. If I get a deer I always say a prayer over it thanking god for letting me harvest it and giving up its life to help feed my family.

I shot a red fox while I was standing buck naked in my kitchen...He was  trying to break into my chicken coop in the middle of the night. I got out of bed, grabbed the wife's 20 gauge 1100, cracked the kitchen door and dropped him.
I also shot a doe one time while I was taking a leak...I  had to go, so I leaned my muzzleloader against a tree and proceeded to empty my bladder..A big doe stood up from her bed about fifty yards away...I  picked up my rifle and shot her with Big Bob  just hanging there swinging in the breeze.
I set the rifle down, finished my leak, tucked the old warrior back into my Carharts and went to collect my deer.

Serves her right for laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I've carried Reese's peanut butter cups for a snack for many, many years. I'll never eat the last one because then I'm not carrying one any longer and I've had at least one in my pack or pockets when I've shot most of my deer..

That thing has got to be pretty nasty by now. Hope I don't eat it by mistake....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I've carried Reese's peanut butter cups for a snack for many, many years. I'll never eat the last one because then I'm not carrying one any longer and I've had at least one in my pack or pockets when I've shot most of my deer..

That thing has got to be pretty nasty by now. Hope I don't eat it by mistake....

I have never had a Reese's cup survive past 10:00 AM when I was hunting...<<grin>>....

Usually my snacks and sandwiches are all gone by mid morning.

• Like 3

Yes when I have encounters like turning at the mail box late morning to see the Monster 6pt standing at the end of the drive,or stepping out to cross the street and looking over the hill crest to see a 10 pt standing in the road watching me. Three or more of these and I will not get a decent deer for the year.

Also I know I'll get a deer, buck or doe when after sitting a while quietly.. I swear I hear someone yell "Chris!" in my ear...with in minutes a deer comes into view...I often thinks it's my Mom or Gramps watching over me..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pygmy said:

sounds like you have one heck of a lucky charm there.....better hang onto it.

• Like 4

Did the same thing Pygmy, climbed down , was relieving myself looked up and three doe were heading my way , grabbed my other gun and shot one figured  they must still have been in heat....

I had to hurry and missed the second "R" !

image.png

• Like 2