Boot Cleats?

DirtTime

12 hours ago, ....rob said:

Just wondering of anyone has a recommendation for boot cleats you strap on over your boots for traction?

Those little sheet metal screws with some gorilla glue on the threads. Won't change the way you walk and add grip like you wouldn't believe. I would just caution walking into your house on any surface that isn't concrete. I have used these in my boots for years and the boots go bad before the screws need to be replaced. 

i'd have to look when i get home.  out on the lake this past weekend i used them.  solid glare ice with no cover and they works great. if some are too spiked and aggressive your feet will hurt at the end of the day.  it's all in what you're using them for.  mine are rubber that stretch to go over toes and heel.  they've got light blue discs with a carbide pin in each one.

8 hours ago, grampy said:

PM me. I think I have an extra pair in my ice fishing bucket that I can give you.

Will PM in a few minutes. Appreciated.

5 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Well , they have horse shoes 

Horseshoes.jpg

You have strange taste in shoes eddie, hey if it works for ya go with it.

Looking at something to help get into some steeper terrain that's heavily shaded and the top sheet of ice doesn't go away. So I thought about asking people what they used.

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

Covered quite a few miles including steep terrain using Kahtoola microspikes. Very comfy to walk in, fast on/off, rugged , and fits on all kinds of footware.

http://kahtoola.com/product/microspikes/

LOL, figures you'd chime in with a winner like these.  They do look slick! (not slick as in slippery slick though) :)

Where did you use them?

42 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

LOL, figures you'd chime in with a winner like these.  They do look slick! (not slick as in slippery slick though) :)

Where did you use them?

Most of the Winter Catskill 35's and a sprinkling of ADK 46's; tapping trees, occasional job site, a little winter hunting here and there.

Most flat land cleats are useless hiking and roll off boots or can feel awkward to painful after 20 miles on winter trails.

Street price can be down around $50 if one shops careful.