One down

kpkot

11 minutes ago, ManicOutdoorsman92 said:

And if she decides she doesnt like hunting, or moves outta state?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Then at least he tried......no different then investing time and money in a lot of things our children do that they eventually give up or end up not liking.

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised anyone would think that way . Parents take out multiple mortgages on their home to put little Johnny on a fresh dirtbike every few months with the hopes he will someday turn pro(99.9 percent never do) . What's the big deal with a few hundred dollars.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm actually surprised anyone would think that way . Parents take out multiple mortgages on their home to put little Johnny on a fresh dirtbike every few months with the hopes he will someday turn pro(99.9 percent never do) . What's the big deal with a few hundred dollars.

Or go broke paying for college to have little Johnny get his liberal arts degree to live in the basement at the end of it without a job... 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ManicOutdoorsman92 said:

And if she decides she doesnt like hunting, or moves outta state?

Theres always fishing. She can move out of state, she will still have lifetime license. Im honestly suprised a few people don't agree with this or question it. All money that is invested in lifetime licenses goes into a conservation fund earning intrest to further protect everyone's outdoor interests.  That fact in itself is a good enough reason in my opinion. 

• Like 1

There is always someone to say the sky is grey when we all see it as blue....Trolls love to bust chops and take the other side of the coin.....A lifetime license is an awesome gift and like you said...What's 300.00 we have all pissed way more than that away on useless garbage in our lifetimes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In my case, even if he decides he doesn't want to hunt, I imagine he would at least want to accompany me a few times, and plus the fishing portion alone is worth the few hundred bucks.  Keep in mind how much he would have to pay for a license 15 years from now?

I laughed my ass off when I read this. Maybe cause it hit home a little bit lol. My name is John, and my parents spent several hundred grand during our racing years. I got old and beat up and never went pro, but the years we spent doing it and the memories were priceless.

But I agree, $300 on a lifetime license is absolutely nothing in the long run. I've spent more than that on toy trucks that my two boys have subsequently destroyed in no time flat. Hell I'm pretty sure I destroyed at least $100 worth of toys during the snow storm with the snow blower!

I plan on buying my one son his lifetime this year before he turns 5 and I'll get my other son his next year when he's 4 also. I wish my parents had bought me my lifetime license. For the amount of money they spent on everything else, that would of been one of the cheapest things they would have ever bought me.
  • Like 2

Theres always fishing. She can move out of state, she will still have lifetime license. Im honestly suprised a few people don't agree with this or question it. All money that is invested in lifetime licenses goes into a conservation fund earning intrest to further protect everyone's outdoor interests.  That fact in itself is a good enough reason in my opinion. 

Didnt know there was a price difference for the that age group until i read further, makes sense now

I've got nys investment that's been stacking up. Dividends and gains. Ill use it to buy daughters and any other future kid of mines license. NYS is will pay for them to hunt a lifetime if I can help it. Still have time though but money's there for more kids than I'll have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I never gave it a thought before but, how does that work when it comes time for your kid to go hunting? I assume they still have to take the hunter education course by age 12. Right? Normally you have to be 11 to take the class and you have to have the class certificate before getting the license. Does this lifetime license bypass these rules? 

On 3/18/2017 at 2:22 PM, kpkot said:

Daughter turned 4. Bought her a lifetime license for her birthday.  Lol she was confused when she opened her gift I dont think she quite grasped the concept. One down now just to get my son his.20170318_142818.jpg

One of the best gifts a kid can get, well that is my mentality maybe not the kids'. I look at it this way, if the kid doesn't want to hunt it will pay for itself in fishing licenses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoadKill44 said:

I never gave it a thought before but, how does that work when it comes time for your kid to go hunting? I assume they still have to take the hunter education course by age 12. Right? Normally you have to be 11 to take the class and you have to have the class certificate before getting the license. Does this lifetime license bypass these rules? 

no same rules you need to take course then send copy to dec then they issue tags via mail.

We were just discussing Rivers...We thought the price jump was 2yrs old...He turns 2 in August....

380 is nothing. Say 20.00 a week in snacks. that's just 19 weeks of snacks out of 52 weeks in one year...Who couldn't manage that!...Now I was talking  a normal snacker not TF... I'd think it would only take him 7 weeks...lol:taunt:

• Like 1