New Record......1.88" Today

Lawdwaz

What a soggy day.  Rain darn near all day with some hellish downpours tonight.  Thunder & lightning added to the fun. :(

Flooded roads, full ditches and lawns. 

April showers bring May flowers.................

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

I'm locked in for the day. The house, front yard, and out-buildings are all high and dry. But ....there is a huge lake across the driveway and through the thicket up front, with water about 700 feet up the driveway. I was hoping that I might get away without a flood this year. It is a huge inconvenience, but not a disaster or anything. The swamp on the other side of the road comes up very slowly and then eventually (Within a day or so) goes back down .... very slowly. No real current to do any damage. Apparently we wound up getting a heck of a lot of rain.

Edited by Doc

Funny as we usually end up with a big old lake in the back yard and after the deluge we got , no water in yard. My concern is crossing the Wiscoy tomorrow for youth hunt. Waders in car to carry her across if it's possible. If creek is impassable we have to add 2 miles up the road , down old RR track bed and up. At least a turkey is easier to carry than the deer I dragged this route before. 

22 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Funny as we usually end up with a big old lake in the back yard and after the deluge we got , no water in yard. My concern is crossing the Wiscoy tomorrow for youth hunt. Waders in car to carry her across if it's possible. If creek is impassable we have to add 2 miles up the road , down old RR track bed and up. At least a turkey is easier to carry than the deer I dragged this route before. 

Be sure to keep in mind what a killer a pair waders can be if you get swept off your feet. Don't take any chances.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Yeah and I just dug out the area for our addition's crawl space, gotta love seeing a small stream running through your basement to your sump pump.

I wonder what the shorelines on lake ontario look like now.

Ill have pics soon, my neighbor asked me if i wanted to take a ride up and see it. Supposed to be at flood stage, one foot below the pier