Group interest????

FULLDRAWXX75

I will throw this idea out to the masses.....................................I am a member of another hunting site in a different state than NY. The site is considerably larger than this site but that does not make it better.

One thing that they do that I have always been interested in but distance has prevented was their annual member "VOUS" as they put it.(short for Rendezvous) They hold a site members weekend every yr. so folks can gather, meet face to face with folks they have only spoken with via the net. They have guest speakers from DEC and other organizations, raffles and auctions to raise funds for the site and charities. They currently have a BBQ dinner on the Sat. night of the event, just to name a few things that it has developed into.

It started out many yrs. ago as just a one day meet n greet(13 members) and has since grown into a 200 plus attendance. The funny thing is the original organizer of the event missed the first yr. because he was ill).

Now, I am realistic in thinking.................and would not expect to see 200 members show an interest or even that many folks show up....................but would there be any interest at all from members if one was planned and organized.

Lets say centrally located in the state (Syracuse area, maybe) ?????

Lets hear the feedback................

FDXX75

I will throw this idea out to the masses.....................................I am a member of another hunting site in a different state than NY. The site is considerably larger than this site but that does not make it better.

One thing that they do that I have always been interested in but distance has prevented was their annual member "VOUS" as they put it.(short for Rendezvous) They hold a site members weekend every yr. so folks can gather, meet face to face with folks they have only spoken with via the net. They have guest speakers from DEC and other organizations, raffles and auctions to raise funds for the site and charities. They currently have a BBQ dinner on the Sat. night of the event, just to name a few things that it has developed into.

It started out many yrs. ago as just a one day meet n greet(13 members) and has since grown into a 200 plus attendance. The funny thing is the original organizer of the event missed the first yr. because he was ill).

Now, I am realistic in thinking.................and would not expect to see 200 members show an interest or even that many folks show up....................but would there be any interest at all from members if one was planned and organized.

Lets say centrally located in the state (Syracuse area, maybe) ??? ??

Lets hear the feedback................

FDXX75

Great idea but count me out ,too far to drive from Long Island.

Dave

I would certainly consider it...

I've been posting on forums like this since about 1998, and have attended several forum "rendezvous" type events...  I've met a lot of fine folks and have made some really good hunting/fishing connections..

I'd be in if my schedule allowed. I think it would be great meeting you guys. Even if it started out as a less formal event....State parks seem to work well for these type of things...pavillions and such.

That is exactly what I was thinking, a one day meet n greet with a covered dish lunch or something of that effect. I has to start somewhere and from something.......................

As far as travel expenses go, if a few guys from the same area got together and car pooled to the location that helps also.

I suggested Syracuse because it is sort of centrally located in the state, that way members from one end don't have to do all the travel.................if you can make it great, if not maybe next yr. or sorry we missed you.

FDXX75

I ran a Google search on parks and reserves in the 'Cuse area, I am in the midst of checking them all out individually as there were 13 seperate locations.

Two that look very interesting and have an outdoor pavilion are Beaver Lake Nature Center & Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery.

Beaver Lake is $3.00 a car load

The Hatchery is free admission and provides tours of the facilities or $45.00 for day rental of the pavilion on site.

I am looking into something that would be interesting to all attendees.

FDXX75

• 2 months later...