Biz-R-OWorld 2017 Season

BizCT

Well odds are you'll get to meet them, as it's doubtful an arrow shot deer will stay on that small piece . Last year my bow buck went 75 yards which was sweet, but I've gone after double lunged ones 200 yards as well. 

Actually odds are I won't lol. A lot of these houses are summer weekend country homes, that don't get used much come the fall/winter. That's why I'll be shocked if I don't see signs of other hunters. In October on my drive to the train station I pass several cars parked on the main roads between big houses, I'm betting a lot of these people just sneak in and hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

If I had to hold my bow all the time I'd quit, honest.  What do you do when the temperature drops to the teens or lower?  Toss in some wind and a 15mph breeze..........

Why not use a Realtree EZHanger?  Good heavens, the bow hangs right in front of you and is easy as pie to get...........

(All this said, I don't hunt from ground blinds, huts, etc etc.  Only tree stands.)

I have a gun rail on all of my tree stands that I keep down so I can lay the bow on that. I actually don't have to hold the bow at all, so I can keep my hands in my pocket to keep them warm. It keeps it fairly steady so I don't really worry about it falling and its right there at my finger tips if i should see something. Thankfully once the temps go that low where I hunt its towards the end of gun season, so I may just stay home at that point. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Only have 1 ground blind. My other blinds are just makeshift sticks so not going to hang bow out in open. Think it's better lower next to me and concealed.

holding a bow the entire hunt can get old and real cold at times, not to mention that trying to move it from lying across you knees or off the ground and trying to get it into position creates an awful lot of movement. I would suggest some type of holder that sticks into the ground and holds your bow in a vertical position regardless of if you're in a ground blind or sitting against a tree in a makeshift blind.

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:
49 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Actually odds are I won't lol. A lot of these houses are summer weekend country homes, that don't get used much come the fall/winter. That's why I'll be shocked if I don't see signs of other hunters. In October on my drive to the train station I pass several cars parked on the main roads between big houses, I'm betting a lot of these people just sneak in and hunt.

Some would say you'll need permission to enter their land ,rather they're home or not . You know since you're not a cheater .....

holding a bow the entire hunt can get old and real cold at times, not to mention that trying to move it from lying across you knees or off the ground and trying to get it into position creates an awful lot of movement. I would suggest some type of holder that sticks into the ground and holds your bow in a vertical position regardless of if you're in a ground blind or sitting against a tree in a makeshift blind.

Yea the ground thing makes sense.

Can't update the live from the stand thread if your holding your bow the whole time haha

Any ground stake holder will work well for the ground blind or out of your home made blinds. I have a hook in my ground blind I use for my bow but a ground stake is just as good. Since I hunt treestands mostly, I utilize every shape and kind of bow hanger there is. Somehow I lose them a lot so I've gotten into using the cheap $1 single screw in hooks. A couple years ago I bought the whole box at Walmart and it's time I buy another box this year. I usually keep a couple in my pack just in case I need to hang more stuff in new trees.

• Like 3

Since I like to have a large tree to my back in my ground blinds. I get those two foot long screw in hangers, with the angled sections. I position it over my left shouder, and hang my bow, so I need only to move my hand slightly to grab the bow grip. This is good to warm cold fingers or to streach a bit. But during prime time, that bow is always in my hands!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Sitting, same as a tree stand if I can help it.

The current chair I have in blind that I used with xbow had armrest, I assume I would want one without arm rests right? Maybe one that can swivel?

The current chair I have in blind that I used with xbow had armrest, I assume I would want one without arm rests right? Maybe one that can swivel?

Not much of a blind guy but the 3 blinds I have out all have computer chairs with armrests in them and I have no problem shooting out of them.

Not much of a blind guy but the 3 blinds I have out all have computer chairs with armrests in them and I have no problem shooting out of them.

Ok thx. I will definitely practice out of it and see what adjustments (if any) I need to make

You probably already know this Biz, but if your brush blinds don't have a seat practice shooting on your knees seeing that's the best way to remain somewhat concieled.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Brush blinds have armless seats or milk crates and then hot seat

• Like 1

Get one of these, you won't regret it..  wait for a sale, I think i only paid around $70 for mine..

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Comfort-Max-Mag-Blind-Chair/1933466.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dchair

Thx, that's the exact one that caught my attention the other day

Get one of these, you won't regret it..  wait for a sale, I think i only paid around $70 for mine..

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Comfort-Max-Mag-Blind-Chair/1933466.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dchair

What does that chair do that the computer chairs that I find for free often on the side of the road doesn't? Actually I like the computer chairs better because when you take the wheels of the 5 legs don't sink in the ground like it appears those legs would.

I'd piss my pants if i saw a guy carry an office chair into the woods .

I got 3 of them from work for free and they are the cats ass, they have mesh seats and the bottom just pulls of and the back lays flat. Might weigh 10lbs and are silent and comfy as hell. Those are the ones I use for pop up blinds. My permanent blinds all have other freebie office chairs and work great as well just not as portable.

Not many pics in the usual 2 spots: Some does and, 1 mangy coyote. Their routine must have changed the last 2 weeks.

But last time out I added another camera in a thick area where a trail splits 3 ways. Got 2 nice bucks. The bigger one may the big 7/8 from 2 weeks ago, but the 7 with 2 brows is a new one. So now 3 shooters (for me) in this area.

8681e70c5a98ffcfd1c6ab924974887b.jpg

7ebd0c2493110640ac8b57f0f34bd077.jpg

911b5cf98c6aa0fa213fd2bf7012b90c.jpg

96fb20efa40da1e89cd542760a02c648.jpg

• Like 3