Watch what you toss...

growalot

If you have an attic...garage...barn, you eventually get a cleaning bug . Watch what you toss ya never know.

Mr B was cleaning the garage when he came across a wooden dynomite box in excellent condition. We got it years ago at his uncles estate sale. Same box in not as good condition ebay...360 +dollars...Ya just never know...

11 minutes ago, growalot said:

You forget... I'm an Irish/navite American woman...a need to work is in my DNA:wink:  no dynamite needed....

Would you honestly not want to use tnt if you had the option? Just think about those pesky stumps that need to be removed.

• Like 1

My wife's grandfather used to drive the dynamite truck for Dupont Explosives. We have many of the old wooden boxes that used to contain the dynamite that he delivered to the Lincoln Tunnel construction site. They are beautifully dove tailed and look almost new. They are pieces of Americana History. I never thought they were so valuable though.

• Like 3

I was in 81mm mortars while in the Marine Corps . Someone threw out a wooden 81mm case in Walworth and I was able to grab it just for sentimental value . I have a few of the old wooden pop bottle cases also . No idea if any of these are worth anything . 

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, silent death said:

Found this in are attic last year ...i thought it was pretty cool gonna donate it to my daughter's school since it's a piece of history...neil Armstrong's return from the moon

20170727_174640.jpg

20170727_174651.jpg

We never actually landed on the moon :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Take a look at the program, "Antiques Road show and take note of how so many of these valuable items were bought at yard sales from people who basically thought they were junk. But those things happen. We cannot be experts on every item that we have laying around the home. I wonder if I have thrown away or given away things that were worth much more than I realized. Probably have.

• Like 1