Muck Woody Sport Boots

grampy

I look at these boots every time I'm in Tractor Supply. Anyone here have them? They are light weight and seem like a good boot. Are they warm and comfortable? Do they hold up well? I have never worn Muck boots. At $160 a pair, I would like to know what others think. Will be using them for bow season.

• Like 1

I bought a pair of "Woody Sport Cool" Muck boots two years ago and really like them. I too was eyeing them up at Tractor supply but then looked on line and found them for around 100 bucks as a I recall. So, I went to tractor supply and tried them on to find my size, then ended up ordering online to save a few.  I have worn them during bow season, spring shed hunting and trout fishing. The "Cool" must mean not too much insulation. They don't have the insulation that you might want for cold weather stand hunting but for trekking around in wet conditions they seem comfortable and have held up well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DanielT said:

Love my Muck Boots very comfortable very quiet walk the only thing I noticed was they are hard to dry the moisture stays in there if you sweat nothing a boot dryer won't solve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks Dan. I've used a boot dryer for years. I like to start each hunt with dry boots! Are they easy on and off? Water proofed well? On one property I hunt, crossing a creek is needed to get to hunting spots. That's why I was looking at the 16 inch boots.

I only wear mucks.  Woody elites.  I usually buy them either late or post season as they can be found for less much then (around $120 vs 199).  They are plenty warm for any weather with a pair of good sock liners and socks, but my feet don't sweat too much even early season.  They are waterproof for sure.  And for me very comfortable/easy to remove. Great if you have a wide (EEE) foot like me.  The neoprene uppers can occasionally puncture when trekking through thorns, but its easily repaired with that neoprene glue.  My first pair from 5 years ago are still being used.  I have 3 other pairs that I have begun to break in.  Bought em because they were cheap post season.  Should be good for the next 20 years or so. 

• Like 1

Thanks Dan. I've used a boot dryer for years. I like to start each hunt with dry boots! Are they easy on and off? Water proofed well? On one property I hunt, crossing a creek is needed to get to hunting spots. That's why I was looking at the 16 inch boots.
Yes ..very easy on and off...waterproof YES

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Grampy

I admit I have a block foot but can wear standard size 13 in the mucks and wear 13EEE in shoes.  When I tried a pair of lacrosse in size 15 at one of the hunting shows, I needed help to get them off.  It was both embarrassing and comical.  Phade did me a solid by pulling the boot off after I wallowed around without success.

• Like 2

Muck artic sports are a great all around boot also for year round use. Very warm early season and late and into ice fishing. Comfortable and affordable if you find em on sale. The only problem ive had was with the soles cracking resulting with the sole detaching from the toe of the boot. No biggie ive had multiple pairs they last for years.

34 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Grampy

I admit I have a block foot but can wear standard size 13 in the mucks and wear 13EEE in shoes.  When I tried a pair of lacrosse in size 15 at one of the hunting shows, I needed help to get them off.  It was both embarrassing and comical.  Phade did me a solid by pulling the boot off after I wallowed around without success.

LOL!  During my "fat" stage, 100 pounds ago, I needed my wife to pull off my boots! And would get out of breath, just putting them on! Very embarrassing for sure. Another reason why I KNEW I needed to drop some serious weight! And did. I hear you are well on your way too! Good for you buddy! 

I wear a size 11 for normal shoes. And always get a 13 for hunting boots. To allow for plenty of toe room with alpaca wool socks. Being diabetic, circulation in my feet isn't the greatest so they tend to get cold easily. For later on in the season, I have a pair of 1200 gr. Rocky boots, that work quite well.

Also would like to spray the Mucks with Sawyers to help keep some of the ticks from making their way up to me. I'll sacrifice some scent control for tick protection!

Thanks again for all the replys!

As a life long lacrosse guy I have tried a few different pairs of muck's because no matter what I do I can't get more than a year out of a pair of lacrosse's. I find the mucks to be extremely uncomfortable and can't get them to not feel "sloshy" on my feet. I wish I could like them because I think they will last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grampy, I bought a pair of Muck Woodys in May of this year when I found out my waterproof boots weren't any more. I love those things. Completely waterproof and compared to my other boots they feel like I'm wearing moccasins. Looking forward to wearing them during bow season this year.

I've got pretty wide feet and their regular width fits fine. Bought mine at Tractor Supply too. They had the better price than Dicks or Field and Stream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catskillkid said:

Muck boots are great, I always buy the Wood Elite, very warm and waterproof. The only issue with them is the uppers are neoprene and will rip easily.

And this is the reason I will nver buy another pair. If you live/work/hunt in an area where there are no briars, you should be fine. They ARE warm, comfortable, and easy to take on and off.