Found this on camera yesterday

wfmiller

1 hour ago, wfmiller said:

I have never seen him in the daylight. Even on camera the closest to daylight is one picture I have he came in at 7:52pm. I have several more pictures of him and several more bucks, but he is the best by far.

Well, he didn't get that big by making a daylight target of himself.....lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wfmiller said:

I have never seen him in the daylight. Even on camera the closest to daylight is one picture I have he came in at 7:52pm. I have several more pictures of him and several more bucks, but he is the best by far.

That tells me you have to move to intercept him closer to where he is coming from. 

12 hours ago, wfmiller said:

Already set up as close as we can get to him.

I believe there are some deer that choose their bedding areas carefully and have learned the security that darkness affords them. They understand that we are out there to get them, and they are not going to make it easy for us. However, the forces of rut may just make him do something stupid that he might otherwise never even think of doing.

• Like 1

if that buck isn't passing through your huntable area during hunting hours, forget him. Don't waste time focusing on  buck tht comes through our yard at midnight every night, go get another one.

the belief that deer and turkeys alter their generations of behavior only when it concerns humans is , I believe, a subconscious effort by some more urban humans to make the killing of food seem harder so that it is  to increase their standing ....it becomes a greater accomplishment therefor the hunter has greater worth. It's an interesting phenomena in worldwide hunting circles from tribes to high tech.

10 hours ago, slickrockpack said:

if that buck isn't passing through your huntable area during hunting hours, forget him. Don't waste time focusing on  buck tht comes through our yard at midnight every night, go get another one.

the belief that deer and turkeys alter their generations of behavior only when it concerns humans is , I believe, a subconscious effort by some more urban humans to make the killing of food seem harder so that it is  to increase their standing ....it becomes a greater accomplishment therefor the hunter has greater worth. It's an interesting phenomena in worldwide hunting circles from tribes to high tech.

Oh believe me, I'm not passing on other deer to wait for him. We have pictures of like 6 other bucks, none close to this guy though. We know the 2 spots he beds in each day and we are working on a plan to be able to cover those areas. We also know our best chance to get him is when the rut hits, which for us it always happens the week leading up to halloween, at least that's when we see the most bucks moving around. Hopefully he will do something stupid that week.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2017 at 0:49 PM, wfmiller said:

I have had a deer like that. He will be 7 if he is still around. Never got daytime pics. Did have a couple of encounters after legal light tho in the woods