Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

First time hunting this stand , tough bow stand . This is the only shot , to thick to see them coming , they’ll pop out 15 yards away in the open . Been standing with bow ready .
Three good sized coyotes slipped through . I’m going to make an effort to kill a bunch this year .
i wondered why this skinny tree kept moving , there’s a Raccoon trapped above me !
BEBC36FE-0704-4F56-8A7F-1EDED3C05E2A.thumb.png.a2cebf0543e266171a2f545175bda35c.png

Shoot the coon too

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Core said:

PSE Stinger, 50-70, so it's not maxed. I could max it and the arrows are spined for that, but I know 60 is more than ample to get deer. I'm going to give fixed broadheads a go, and for next bow season consider getting heavier arrows. If I could get up to 500 range it would certainly help with penetration.

I do! The thing is so reliable, though.

Max out the limbs 1 turn at a time alternating between limbs. Count the number of turns on one limb and compare to the other. Both limbs should be the same number of turns. Once you determine both are maxed back them back out 1 turn at a time until you're back to your original number. 

That's what[mention=762]chefhunter86[/mention] did last year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He kept trying to climb the tree I was in, I didn't know what else to do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, zeus1gdsm said:

At what point do I give up on this frozen field.?

Debating moving to the other blind halfway down the field on the ridge so I can see all of the field. But I didn't want to walk all the way across and bump deer omw in.ce3da35b9caae1de552a940e262c8370.jpg&key=0f6d8764e320d9f68922d31ffba82b67fef44b775d0ca815555f16349ee00417

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Saw deer out in the green fields on my way to work, Was a nice cool 28* at my house down in the valley.

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Well in season shoot the coon. The 21st cant come soon enough so I can finally get a crack at the big Tom that keeps tempting me when I'm in my stands

I got lots of pics of turkeys and always see them in November when deer hunting, but I'm in the same boat. I would be willing to christen my Mathews on a turkey come this weekend.

Not season until 10/25

If that coon were to make a move closer to me thereby potentially endangering my life he'd be dead instantly. A bunch of rabies shots are not worth that animals life. Especially if it is a defensive situation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

If that coon were to make a move closer to me thereby potentially endangering my life he'd be dead instantly. A bunch of rabies shots are not worth that animals life. Especially if it is a defensive situation.

Just give him a good right hook off the tree onto the ground. I had squirrels step on my hat as I sat in the tree and launch themselves onto the ground from 20' up when I move and scare the crap out of them. If the coon was climbing up just give him the boot to the head worst that happens you piss him off and have to shoot him. Usually they don't look for a fight.

• Like 1

My son and nephew out this am 28 degrees and no breeze. My nephew had two doe and a 6 point at 30 yards. He said buck grunted at the smaller doe twice. He passed on buck. My son had a big doe cross below him at first light. At around 8 am my nephew saw this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Beautiful crisp morning and nobody put a big buck down?

I had a small racked buck take a 90 minute nap about 25 yards from me this morning.  He was straight north of me and for some reason the weatherman missed it here as it was perfectly out of the east, until that 91 minute mark. :)

He winded me and headed for the hills............It was a great morning.

• Like 1