Need to work together

noodle one

I have been following a topic on this site that is very disturbing. I am on other hunting and or fishing sites. Some of the sites are better than others and some are going down hill because of a few individuals. We are in this together, if someone voices their opinoin and you don't agree with it, that is OK, but be positive with your reply and voice your opinoin and why. If you can not be positive, then don't reply. On the good sites that I am on , some one will voice their opinoin and if some one disagrees with them they say so and move on. Most of the replyes are positive and that is the way it should be. Not negative. If some wants to ask a question, there is some one out there willing to help. Then there is one site that I have been on for the last four years. When I first went on the site it was a great site. In the last year or year and a half that site has been going down hill because of all the BS and negative replyes. This all is being done by a few individuals. If they don't like the opinion of some one , they come down in a very negative way. If some one wants to ask a question, and they feel that you should figure it out on your own and not asking for help, so they will highjack your post. Fewer and fewer people are posting because of all the BS negative replyes. Come on  people, let's be more positive and not negative. I can see this site headed in a negative way and we don't need that. We all need to think positive to make this a better site. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets try not to turn this one in to another "just asking" thread. It will get locked too if it does.  :D

As long as we keep everything positive , this can turn into a very good discussion and from what I see we are off to a good start.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with a heated debate, and there should be.  However, when it turns to name calling and other things there is no place for it here.  And to be honest, if we continue to see it, those people will be removed from the site.

Theres nothing to learn from here..experience in hunting for me is hands on..ive taught myself how to hunt and have become very successful..i dont treestand hunt..i dont wear orange..and only carry a gun if i know  im drivin deer..this is a place to compare, gloat, and share stories..no guarantees..venting comes with the territory..people dont heal the disagreement chips on their shoulders..people here are worlds away from each other..yet we are all supposed to equally agree on pointless topics..david would never been a hero if there wasnt a goliath..there again that was just a story

I haven't been on the forum long enough to know all the key players...

Am I to assume that Burmjohn is the Head Honcho here..??..

Just asking.. I  have expressed an opinion a couple of times but prefer not to get involved in political/ethical pissing contests or the personal attacks...

Just something to think about....There's not much I can say to convince you. There's nothing I can do to make you believe. Its my hope that I can make you notice, by choices, actions and deeds.In the end it is in the harmony, that we are able to breathe...

I haven't been on the forum long enough to know all the key players...

Am I to assume that Burmjohn is the Head Honcho here..??..

Just asking.. I  have expressed an opinion a couple of times but prefer not to get involved in political/ethical pissing contests or the personal attacks...

Burmjohn owns the site lol  :(

I'll clearly define what I'll do once I have some time, it will not be a forever ban, there will be second changes.  People make mistakes.

John, I agree and I wonder if you could just lock out certain people from a heated thread if they gets too heated and insulting.

Dave

I'll clearly define what I'll do once I have some time, it will not be a forever ban, there will be second changes.  People make mistakes.

John, I agree and I wonder if you could just lock out certain people from a heated thread if they gets too heated and insulting.

Dave

There is no feature like that unfortunately.