Know what your target is

Cory

Boys and girls let's make sure we know what we are shooting at and beyond. The poor woman walking her dogs and was mistaken for a deer is unacceptable and now a hunter shoots a truck mistaking it for a deer! Come on man this is making national news not just local. It's embarrassing to think these are so called hunters!

I don't read FB much and never the comments, as I don't have to many brain cells to spare as it is  . As for charges against the guy who killed the woman , they'll  come they need to make sure the "I" s , are crossed and the "T " dotted . They'll  want to work with the DA office as well , which will begin in earnest after the holiday week end .

Not to,many care when you screw up a case for shooting a truck,,killing a woman you better get it right and that takes time .

I have taken flack for this, but this is why I will not shoot at a running deer! You might know your backstop when you set up, but the heightened adrenaline shooting at a running deer can make you make a mistake.

You cannot cure stupidity in hunting. Any hunter who mistakes a person for a deer is a #$%^*!a$$^&$!  ! How the hell does anyone mistake a truck for a deer?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Update: Fellow that shot the woman walking her dog in the dark last deer season has plead GUILTY to criminally negligent homicide in satisfaction of the original charge of second degree manslaughter. Under the terms of the plea deal he will be sentenced to 1-4 years next January 14. Meanwhile, he's in jail.

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:21 PM, Rob... said:

I have taken flack for this, but this is why I will not shoot at a running deer! You might know your backstop when you set up, but the heightened adrenaline shooting at a running deer can make you make a mistake.

What a bummer it must be to see a flash of blaze orange in the scope a bit too late, just as you touch off the trigger while swinging on a running deer. Yes, the backdrop is unchanging, and immoveable, but hunters are not. There are a lot of good reasons not to shoot at running deer but you have just touched on the main one.

But these stories about shooting women walking their dogs and shooting trucks thinking they are deer......well that defies imagination.

• Like 2