Electronic Predator call

For the Predator hunters, I'm looking to purchase an electronic caller for my night time sits. Mainly coyote hunting. Im getting back into it again and am tired of blowing on mouth calls. What do you recommend without breaking the bank.. I Have seen a couple of fox pro calls for around 100$  .. I don't want to spend too much more than that this year because I wont get out a whole lot. Cheaper would be even better.

My kids do not enjoy that thing called sleep lol

Thanks in advance. 

Yes, Fox Pro are absolutely the best. But on sale now at Dicks is the Hunter Specialties, Johnny Stewart, Attractor Max for $49.99. About half of what I paid three years ago!

This was my first E-caller. You can download quite a few different calls, and the few that come with it are ok. It is quite loud, and we did call in a pair of yotes with it. At the price, it is a good caller to get you started. It was for me. 

Good luck out there! Have fun!

• Like 1

Im looking at a red led remote so I can tell what im playing. Do you think this is worth the extra price? to make sure I play the right tune and not the wrong one on accident. I suppose I can do my best to memorize which button produces which tune? Just seems much easier to see the red display on a remote. 

26 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Im looking at a red led remote so I can tell what im playing. Do you think this is worth the extra price? to make sure I play the right tune and not the wrong one on accident. I suppose I can do my best to memorize which button produces which tune? Just seems much easier to see the red display on a remote. 

My fox pro crossfire's remote has the red led...it is way easier to see for sure

IMG_20180102_143257.jpg

Edited by silent death
  • Like 2

Just a word of advise...If you are planning to buy a FoxPro order it directly from them for two reasons.

1) They don't always honor warranties if purchased from a retailer.

2) you can select what sounds you want loaded when you purchase it.

If you buy one off the shelf you are more than likely going to end up with a bunch of sounds you will never use and do not like.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2

Fox Pro definately makes some great e-callers, but their budget ones are nothing great. I would not recommend a single speaker call. Been there, done that. Their HammerJack looks to be a great one, with dual speakers, a nice remote and a decoy built right into it (not useful for night calling though). You will be looking at $300 for that one.

Currently I am using a Primos Alpha Dogg, and I do have to say, its just about as nice as any FoxPro that I have ever used. Plenty of sounds and features, and the ability to load custom sounds. The range of the remote is great, Ive used it at 60+ yards with no issues. The only feature that I wish it had that the FoxPro has, is something like Fox Bang, where it switches to a different sound right at the shot. I do, however, love the programmable sequences. It makes it nice and easy to hunt solo at night. Just program up a few different sets, power up and let it play. The only thing you have to adjust is the volume. You can pick up an Alpha Dogg online for around $169 or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Fox Pro definately makes some great e-callers, but their budget ones are nothing great. I would not recommend a single speaker call. Been there, done that. Their HammerJack looks to be a great one, with dual speakers, a nice remote and a decoy built right into it (not useful for night calling though). You will be looking at $300 for that one.

Currently I am using a Primos Alpha Dogg, and I do have to say, its just about as nice as any FoxPro that I have ever used. Plenty of sounds and features, and the ability to load custom sounds. The range of the remote is great, Ive used it at 60+ yards with no issues. The only feature that I wish it had that the FoxPro has, is something like Fox Bang, where it switches to a different sound right at the shot. I do, however, love the programmable sequences. It makes it nice and easy to hunt solo at night. Just program up a few different sets, power up and let it play. The only thing you have to adjust is the volume. You can pick up an Alpha Dogg online for around $169 or so.

My crossfire was 399.00 when I got it 2 years ago ...it's got a speaker on each side..but they make cheaper ones for 100$ for the people just starting out

I know that but u can still bye them on Amazon and through dicks sporting goods...lol they are not totally gone ...any fox pro is hard to beat because u can order from them directly and pick what calls u want pre programmed

Edited by silent death

5 minutes ago, silent death said:

Definitely...Its hard staying cheap when predator hunting ..lol now I have 2 Atn night scopes 2 different whicked lights besides the calls and everything else 

For sure. Im not far behind you. My next investment will be a new dedicated predator rifle, most likely with one of the ATN scopes on it. My current rig is my deer rifle with a Wicked Light setup on it.

I tried to keep it on the cheap for a few years. It didnt work lol

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Got a Fox pro spitfire last year. Attached the jack attractor thing that works off the remote as well. Single speaker and already looking to add an additional external.  Needs a little more umpf for volume. Think Wife bought it for $120. 

Yep, single speakers just dont cut it.

34 minutes ago, silent death said:

Definitely...Its hard staying cheap when predator hunting ..lol now I have 2 Atn night scopes 2 different whicked lights besides the calls and everything else 

I learned the hard way that going cheap only ends up being the expensive way to buy quality stuff when you eventually upgrade. ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

For the Predator hunters, I'm looking to purchase an electronic caller for my night time sits. Mainly coyote hunting. Im getting back into it again and am tired of blowing on mouth calls. What do you recommend without breaking the bank.. I Have seen a couple of fox pro calls for around 100$  .. I don't want to spend too much more than that this year because I wont get out a whole lot. Cheaper would be even better.

My kids do not enjoy that thing called sleep lol

Thanks in advance. 

I have a primos turbo dog you can have it. I had it for a few years and had to replace the remote so now when you turn it on it takes a little time to find the speaker other then that it works fine.If I didn't have the patient of a pitbull in a butcher shop i'd still be using it.I went with a FoxPro banshee and i'm very happy with it.

like I said your more then welcome to it.

• Like 4

OP. I started out with the same attitude u have.... Just figured I'd kill some time in the late season. I was successful on a few hunts and was hooked. Long story short,I wasted alot of money upgrading. Went from a few mouth calls to a shockwave with about 3 other e calls in between. The remote is key. Having a bit of range can make or break a daytime hunt and being able to see what your going to play at night is a necessity. Volume is important but sticking with distress calls you won't need anything too loud. Yote vocals won't work so well if you can't let em rip. Name brand doesn't much matter. There's only a few making e calls anyways. FoxPro is obviously top dawg for a reason but the primos line isn't awful.

My advice, either the fusion or shockwave FoxPro, or go real cheap that way you don't lose your a$$ when you upgrade. You can have some fun even with a cheap call and it beats blowing on the hand helds for hours. But be warned, you knock a dog or two down and u better have the credit card ready !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2