Why isn't the Superbowl on sat night?

Robhuntandfish

Sunday is a perfect day for all those NFL “kneelers”.   They could just say they are praying on the Lords Day!

You wonder if the “kneelers” agenda is to support criminals like Mike Brown and Freddy Grey who were involved with illegal drugs?  Illegal drugs are the major root cause of gun violence.  Gun violence statistics are used to support the nonsense gun control agenda.  Could it be that the “kneelers” have an agenda to support drug addict criminals so their agenda supports gun control too?

I think it's about money and ratings for the most part. As some have said.

That said..........

I also think it's about tradition, Friday nights are High School Football, Saturdays are College Football, and Sundays are NFL.

All of the College "Bowl" games are played on Saturday. So why not have the Pro-Bowl and Super Bowl on Sunday? It's a separation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

oh and since i have a couple of votes for commissioner I also wouldnt allow anyone that was convicted of a felony to play and anyone with a pending one would be suspended until the outcome. I know where i work in real life - if I was convicted of a felony i would be out the door.   

My vote is for you!! But you do realize there would only be enough eligible players to form a 4 team NFL league if your rules were implemented. Kidding..!??!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rob... said:

I think it's about money and ratings for the most part. As some have said.

That said..........

I also think it's about tradition, Friday nights are High School Football, Saturdays are College Football, and Sundays are NFL.

All of the College "Bowl" games are played on Saturday. So why not have the Pro-Bowl and Super Bowl on Sunday? It's a separation.

That is true also.  Alot of things would get screwed up if nfl was on sat instead of sun. 

8 hours ago, Rob... said:

14 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

The reason I have gotten out of football over the last 5 years is because I will not blindly root for those 4.3 fast felons just because they wear a team Jersey.  I would much rather root for a team of decent people than root for a wife beater to run fast.  I just couldn't do it anymore.  Root for a team that kneels for the anthem and has 3 of their stars as known felons.  Would it endear people more to the NFL if they didn't allow them to play?  There are still plenty of good athletes available.  

• Like 1

^^^ So what's the alternative, college sports? That's also getting a little ridiculous with the devious recruiting habits, one-n-done athletes, alumni pressure, unionized &/or paid college athletes and not to mention the bad behavior of some of the 18-20yo players kids..... And then there's some of the MLB & NFL HOF nominees!?! Guessing we're both preaching to the choir..! lol

• Like 1

There is no alternative.  Please do not say baseball, id rather watch paint dry..........   Football has gotten a little annoying with the rule changes and stuff but there really isnt much alternative.  Nothing like coming home in the fall after a morning of hunting and watching football...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbyzerman said:

There is no alternative.

Try reading a book, taking your wife and or kids on a hike, to a movie, join a gym, ride a  bike,wash and wax your vehicles ,organize your work bench , smoke a cigar outside in piece and quite .

i played some high school football in the ‘70s , after that we’d meet up at a local school on Sunday and play full contact, no,pads pick up,games . Since then I watch the SB that’s about it . 

Our  girls did track, cheerleading and basketball in high school , I had the first and maybe still the only girl at Webster Thomas who was a varsity cheerleader and varsity basketball player . She decided not to,play BB her senior year and I was happy about that  , the coach was a jerk, half the parents were obsessed,and all the girls hated it .  She got a part time job and still had more free time .

There is life after sports, and it just may be better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Try reading a book, taking your wife and or kids on a hike, to a movie, join a gym, ride a  bike,wash and wax your vehicles ,organize your work bench , smoke a cigar outside in piece and quite .

i played some high school football in the ‘70s , after that we’d meet up at a local school on Sunday and play full contact, no,pads pick up,games . Since then I watch the SB that’s about it . 

Our  girls did track, cheerleading and basketball in high school , I had the first and maybe still the only girl at Webster Thomas who was a varsity cheerleader and varsity basketball player . She decided not to,play BB her senior year and I was happy about that  , the coach was a jerk, half the parents were obsessed,and all the girls hated it .  She got a part time job and still had more free time .

There is life after sports, and it just may be better.

Really guy? What do you think goes on Mon through Sat?  We are talking about an alternative to football.  Not an alternative lifestyle.  Got gymnastics twice a week, basketball twice a week and go to gym for an hour everyday after I drop kids off before I start work, I do not care for cigars and have no interest in cleaning my own car and I would rather eat cyanide than read a book but really have no idea  how your post relates to the discussion of football.............

The whole problem was easily solved when I took my TV to the curb 15 years ago. It's just not something I think about. Then again, I didn't watch TV when I was a kid either. Except occasionally on Sunday nights. ;-)

I'll make an argument FOR having the SB on Saturday: There won't be an estimated 30 million people calling in sick on the following Monday. I know it's only one day out of the year, but it's hard to get things done when a quarter of the Nation's work force doesn't show up. JMO

• Like 2

On 2/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, Robhuntandfish said:

The reason I have gotten out of football over the last 5 years is because I will not blindly root for those 4.3 fast felons just because they wear a team Jersey.  I would much rather root for a team of decent people than root for a wife beater to run fast.  I just couldn't do it anymore.  Root for a team that kneels for the anthem and has 3 of their stars as known felons.  Would it endear people more to the NFL if they didn't allow them to play?  There are still plenty of good athletes available.  

you realize how ignorant this statement is right? There are no felons in the league. Any player who was convicted of a felony crime and sentenced is not in the league. Now sure you can make a case that some were settled out of court, but that doesn't  make them a felon. And if you want to rope smoking weed and a dwi into the mix? Well there are quite a few members on this board you shouldn't associate with either.

Out of the 3k plus employees of the nfl only a small handful have had this problem. Meanwhile, many are huge community advocates (see JJ Watt as an example)

And if you don't watch football, why do you care what day the superbowl is on and why would you make a post on a hunting forum about it?

Education does the body good. Ignorance is not an excuse.

http://www.nfl.com/manoftheyear

Edited by Belo

On 2/4/2018 at 9:47 AM, Stay at home Nomad said:

i do all that except I dont read and ride my bike as much as I would like to. 

So I can't watch a Bills game on Sunday too?

2 hours ago, Belo said:

you realize how ignorant this statement is right? There are no felons in the league. Any player who was convicted of a felony crime and sentenced is not in the league. Now sure you can make a case that some were settled out of court, but that doesn't  make them a felon. And if you want to rope smoking weed and a dwi into the mix? Well there are quite a few members on this board you shouldn't associate with either.

Out of the 3k plus employees of the nfl only a small handful have had this problem. Meanwhile, many are huge community advocates (see JJ Watt as an example)

And if you don't watch football, why do you care what day the superbowl is on and why would you make a post on a hunting forum about it?

Education does the body good. Ignorance is not an excuse.

http://www.nfl.com/manoftheyear

Well you see I used to be a very big fan of the Pittsburgh steelers and have since become a casual watcher at best.  And either way I can still question why the Superbowl isnt on sat even if I never watched it.  Cause watching football believe it or not does not make you a marketing expert either.  And if you read my other posts I also said how they pay a lot of people with a lot of info to come to these conclusions that know a lot more about it than I..  And since I am middle aged white guy I am pretty much their #1 market.  You see only ignorance makes you think you know anything more about it that the next barstool. But I do have the intelligence to ask about what I don't know about.  Some of us don't have all the answers like you.....

And at the time I got out of watching the Steelers there were several issues on the team and just got sick of cheering for people that dont deserve it for a minute.  And hearing about it at every one of their games. Also I am pretty sure I didn't say anything about drugs in any of my posts that you apparently didn't read or of course need to since you already know the answers.   

As far as then not speaking to people on this forum that might have arrest records etc...there is NO correlation as I am not cheering for them or buying their jerseys.  And I dont want yours even if you sign it.  Lol.  

You see the most educated of people are the ones that ask questions and listen, not the ones that think they have all the answers.  You must be a happy man since ignorance is bliss.... 

My post was a question to debate that many people including non football fans could appreciate. And if you have even been to an NFL game ...tell me that's the peak of intelligence in the stadium.  I wouldn't take a child to a single one of those games these days.  

And the next time I see you on the political thread I will ask you why you posted that on a hunting forum. ...out

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

so to be clear. you admit to being ignorant when you chose to state "The reason I have gotten out of football over the last 5 years is because I will not blindly root for those 4.3 fast felons just because they wear a team Jersey. "

because they're not actually felons and many of them do very good things for their community? Is that how "the most educated of people" go about life? 

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

so to be clear. you admit to being ignorant when you chose to state "The reason I have gotten out of football over the last 5 years is because I will not blindly root for those 4.3 fast felons just because they wear a team Jersey. "

because they're not actually felons and many of them do very good things for their community? Is that how "the most educated of people" go about life? 

Here's an idea for you and I will leave it at that.  Instead of calling someone ignorant maybe just offer your info if you have any and let them make there own educated conclusion.  I am always up for any info anyone has and will listen .... thus the original post as a question. Appreciate the info but not the message.  Put your knowledge in a toilet bowl and no one will lift the seat to look at it buddy.  

I'm gonna flush you on this one.  

conclusions that know a lot more about it th

And the next time I see you on the political thread I will ask you why you posted that on a hunting forum. ...out

Dang bro I thought you were out? And you’re back to flush things?

Saying you haven’t watched something in 5 years because “felons” is a pretty poopy thing to say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the game is on Sundays cause they expect more to watch.Kind like when they changed the opening day of Deer season to a Saturday so more would go be able to go hunting.I sure wish they would go back to a Monday opener for Deer season was always a better reason to call out of work or be home sick for that day

• Like 1