Counseling without a Copay

Robhuntandfish

Here's the thing..it's not all social media, it's not all liberals, it's not all etc.....

It's that we have lost the value of people.  We no longer need each other as a family unit to get the chores done, to keep a home , to rely on.  We all have it so easy as back in days past and due to that we don't rely on each other.  I don't need to ask or learn from you ....I will Google it.  We don't have a farm to operate we have a job or financial support from the govt.  We all do our own thing and even when together we are looking at our phones.  

We all , in ever generation , have wanted better for our children.  That's only natural.  But in doing that have created entitlement but also a lack of recognition.  In doing things for yourself you learn pride and how to work with people and that you need others to get things done.  When so much is already done for us by technology we lose sight of the value of each other.  That has changed over the last 40 years and we are all so self reliant that we don't value others the way we should.  And of course that often seems worse with younger people.  And in not having any pride or recognition for what you have accomplished people look to degrade what others have done or look for recognition elsewhere.  And I don't mean recognition in the sense of pats on the back always, sometimes its just to have a voice.  Then that leads to social media and immediate gratification.  And if it isn't achieved immediately people will find it somewhere cause they aren't finding it at home.  

As I see it the cat is out of the bag on these things.  We will only have more division due to progress, a lack of empathy and the increase in division due to people being unable to accept other ideas or opinion. We shout each other down on social media and if unheard, people will find another means to be recognized and not be just lost in the daily movement of things.  

The future will prob be less schools and more internet .  Honestly right now why would you go to school ?  I can find the answer online.   And there can be 1 teacher/professor for thousands of people at one time. Also narrowing everyone's exposure to different ideas. 

I don't know the answer or if there is one. Culture will always change hopefully there will be a point when people realize being a cold hearted computer isn't what we are supposed to be.There is still hope just seems some days the news is too much to bear.  I still do believe that most people are good in nature. But also feel there are more and more that couldn't care less about anyone around them.  

Wow that's deep......lol......hope you put your boots on for that. Lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2018 at 1:37 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

today the high school I went to was shutdown with a threat, then Utica college was on a lockdown.  Last week three local schools all made arrests for people making threats.  Then did anyone see what the oscars had in their gift bag handouts..... 2 different kind of pepper sprays and a kit to tell if your drink had been drugged......... seriously does anyone recognize our way of life anymore??  Dont want to be the old man on the porch telling people to get off my lawn but damn...........GET OFF MY LAWN!  lol

hardly recognize the world much anymore and have a hard time trusting most anyone.  -- i really like my dog though! 

I just left walmart a couple hours ago, went with the girlfriend to pick up a new eliptical machine she had shipped to store.   The guy who wheeled it out "for us" made me furious! We had to wait for him to finish chit chatting with his trash friends, then had to say "its us, are you coming?" To be ignored, so I said screw it, and we started walking out to the vehicle.   Again, we wait for him by the entrance now, because I knew he would lose sight of us...now im pi***d.  So i finally see the cart rounding the bend, and we get the vehicle, because obviously he wasn't going to follow us.  So I pull up a car length l, or two away from the main entrance...hes standing there in FRONT of those main doors, on his cell phone! So i beeped the horn, he looked over at me, and went back to his text! So i yelled over, and said "lets go, I don't have all night!" So he walks it over finally, and of course I look like the jerk to the rest of the parking lot.  He brings it over, and says nothing, and lifted half of the eliptical box with me, like he was about to die!, zero effort, and just obnoxious.   So i said right to him, "you going to be alright pushing that cart back? He looked at me said NOTHING, gave me an "ef u" look, so I said "you got that ok?" He wanted to murder me. I just don't understand the mentality anymore, I was so mad, I found the manager, and told her, how he does not belong in the public eye with that attitude,  and mentality.  I told her how if someone couldnt handle themselves they will drag his butt aside,  and knock him out.  I usually, brush things aside like this, but he knew how to push buttons.  I told the manager how he expected me to park in the crosswalk, and expected the shoppers to walk around my vehicle, as if my box was more important,  and to create an inconvenience for everyone else.  I figured this ties in with your WTH is wrong with people.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bionic said:

I just left walmart a couple hours ago, went with the girlfriend to pick up a new eliptical machine she had shipped to store.   The guy who wheeled it out "for us" made me furious! We had to wait for him to finish chit chatting with his trash friends, then had to say "its us, are you coming?" To be ignored, so I said screw it, and we started walking out to the vehicle.   Again, we wait for him by the entrance now, because I knew he would lose sight of us...now im pi***d.  So i finally see the cart rounding the bend, and we get the vehicle, because obviously he wasn't going to follow us.  So I pull up a car length l, or two away from the main entrance...hes standing there in FRONT of those main doors, on his cell phone! So i beeped the horn, he looked over at me, and went back to his text! So i yelled over, and said "lets go, I don't have all night!" So he walks it over finally, and of course I look like the jerk to the rest of the parking lot.  He brings it over, and says nothing, and lifted half of the eliptical box with me, like he was about to die!, zero effort, and just obnoxious.   So i said right to him, "you going to be alright pushing that cart back? He looked at me said NOTHING, gave me an "ef u" look, so I said "you got that ok?" He wanted to murder me. I just don't understand the mentality anymore, I was so mad, I found the manager, and told her, how he does not belong in the public eye with that attitude,  and mentality.  I told her how if someone couldnt handle themselves they will drag his butt aside,  and knock him out.  I usually, brush things aside like this, but he knew how to push buttons.  I told the manager how he expected me to park in the crosswalk, and expected the shoppers to walk around my vehicle, as if my box was more important,  and to create an inconvenience for everyone else.  I figured this ties in with your WTH is wrong with people.  

It damn sure does brother!!!    Goes right with it.  I'm sure he is real thankful to have a job too...yeah right.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bionic said:

Thanks you, you literally made my day and to think it was just me this shit happens to. Sad part is Walmart isn't the only store to do this kind of crap to me Lowes is the one lately, I do have to say i think the ones that are pushing carts/loading are mentally challenged. I want to add I'm not being sarcastic I truly think they give those jobs to the slower minded individual not in all cases but from what I have noticed they aren't handling the money or working inventory.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It damn sure does brother!!!    Goes right with it.  I'm sure he is real thankful to have a job too...yeah right.  

I typed that up still a bit frustrated, had my house on my mind, worried about leaving my girlfriend at the house to get snowed in without power.  I then get this guys attitude like hes god.  Glad I could comtribute lol.  PLENTY more where that came from.  Lol

30 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Thanks you, you literally made my day and to think it was just me this shit happens to. Sad part is Walmart isn't the only store to do this kind of crap to me Lowes is the one lately, I do have to say i think the ones that are pushing carts/loading are mentally challenged. I want to add I'm not being sarcastic I truly think they give those jobs to the slower minded individual not in all cases but from what I have noticed they aren't handling the money or working inventory.

Trust me you are NOT alone! I honestly sometimes question MYSELF,  asking myself if its ME.  I know what you mean about mentally challenged pushing carts, it is true, they do utilize them for such jobs, which i think is great.  I have other things to add, but I do not want to cross any lines.  In a nutshell, our walmarts in my area hire people with rap sheets who give the ora that they do not care about anything, oftentl times even themselves.  This particular dirtbag I told the story of, was definitely a gang member, or ex gang member.  We have a ton of it in that area, like legit gangs.  You could just tell.  He didnt give a cr** about ANYTHING. 

Edited by Bionic

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

Trust me you are NOT alone! I honestly sometimes question MYSELF,  asking myself if its ME.  I know what you mean about mentally challenged pushing carts, it is true, they do utilize them for such jobs, which i think is great.  I have other things to add, but I do not want to cross any lines.  In a nutshell, our walmarts in my area hire people with rap sheets who give the ora that they do not care about anything, oftentl times even themselves.  This particular dirtbag I told the story of, was definitely a gang member, or ex gang member.  We have a ton of it in the area, like legit gangs.  You could just tell.  He didnt give a cr** about ANYTHING. 

My experience at lowes was basically the same thing. I bought around $1500 worth of lumber to only have to load it all myself I was beyond pissed. 20 sheets of 3/4 osb, 40 sheets of 7/16" osb, 25 2x10x16. I had them call the manager over told him what happened and asked why the 2 lumber employees in the back running the forklift filling orders couldn't help me load any of it. Instead this 60 year old lady about 5' flat volunteered after I stood around for 30 minutes waiting on the forklift driver and spotter. I thanked her and said she did not need to help me she was struggling lifting a single 2x10. I was fuming and later called their corporate phone number. I try to shop locally but for the amount of money the ma and pop lumber yard wanted I would have got half the amount of material for the same price. The kicker was both filling orders were old students of mine. There is no customer service anymore, the days of Chase Pitkins and customer service are over.

59 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I just left walmart a couple hours ago,

There’s your problem .  Each Wal Mart generates around 1,000 ,911 calls for service per year . I avoid them like the plague, I tried going at 6 AM to get vacuum bags for Moog once.

Neck tattoos, tooth less, and perhaps over all worse clientele then normal hours .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

My experience at lowes was basically the same thing. I bought around $1500 worth of lumber to only have to load it all myself I was beyond pissed. 20 sheets of 3/4 osb, 40 sheets of 7/16" osb, 25 2x10x16. I had them call the manager over told him what happened and asked why the 2 lumber employees in the back running the forklift filling orders couldn't help me load any of it. Instead this 60 year old lady about 5' flat volunteered after I stood around for 30 minutes waiting on the forklift driver and spotter. I thanked her and said she did not need to help me she was struggling lifting a single 2x10. I was fuming and later called their corporate phone number. I try to shop locally but for the amount of money the ma and pop lumber yard wanted I would have got half the amount of material for the same price. The kicker was both filling orders were old students of mine. There is no customer service anymore, the days of Chase Pitkins and customer service are over.

Thats obnoxious.   Nothing like spending that kind of money,  to do their job! You already worked for that product you bought, but NOW you have to work on THEIR job.  This reminds me of Shoprite around here.  No one bags the groceries there, 8 million people work in there it seems, but bagging must be below them.  I used to bag my stuff, just to get out of there.  I remember at some point they talked about charging 2 or 3 cents PER bag....uhhhh i will be damned if I will pay 3 cents a bag, PLUS fill yhat bag myself.  I don't bag now,  I stand there.  Cashier can do it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

There’s your problem .  Each Wal Mart generates around 1,000 ,911 calls for service . I avoid them lie the plague, I tried going at 6 AM to get vacuum bags for Moog once.

Neck tattoos, tooth less, and perhaps over all worse clientele then normal hours .

Trust me, I dont condone walmart.  I don't like shopping there, but there really arent a ton of options in my area that have selections like walmart.  

Neck tattoos, forehead tattoos, pajamas..are you challenging me with walmart employee descriptions? Lol xD

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to Counseling without a Copay

Hey man I’m sorry about that. You see I just got out of prison 2 weeks ago my parole officer got this job for me and I’m already looking at going back to prison for gang related activities. My mind was elsewhere that night. Had I known it was you I would have been on top of my Walmart game that night!

And no of course it was not me Incase the sarcasm was missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

Hey man I’m sorry about that. You see I just got out of prison 2 weeks ago my parole officer got this job for me and I’m already looking at going back to prison for gang related activities. My mind was elsewhere that night. Had I known it was you I would have been on top of my Walmart game that night!

And no of course it was not me Incase the sarcasm was missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be a bit flushed since yesterday, look nothing like him. 

• Like 2

Heres a good vent for everyone - why the hell cant they stop robo calls and telemarketing?  I dont wanna hear that the phone company cant keep up with technology- we can land a rover on Mars and send a Tesla car into deep space but we cant stop someone from trying to sell me an extended warranty on my truck every other day?  cmon.  I have a cell phone from work that I am on call for and they even get that number.  I always wonder how they make money off this but there are some real gullible people out there as we have discussed earlier.  There is a new phone scam everyday.  I still have a land line but am seriously thinking about getting rid of it.  That no call list is a no work list   

• Like 1

I sum it up with one phrase...they have no shame.  They could careless if they act like idiots, are rude, are selfish, are self centered and "think" they are so tough they can take anyone in a fight.  They have no shame for they way they act.

Gun control took on a real life with many supporters in the late 1960's.  Why?  Look at all the civil disobedience, the rise of many using narcotics and many living irresponsibly.  The 1968 gun control act was a joke.  Before that, as someone under 18 years old, all I had to show was a hunting license at gun shops and hardware stores to buy ONLY .22 rim fire cartridges and shot shells with bird shot.

I hate the Robo calls . The "Do not call list" is worthless . I have a land line that is used strictly for FAXing . Only one other person knows the number but I get calls every day and just don't answer . As for my cell phone , if I don't recognize the number , I don't answer . If someone wants to leave a voice mail , okay . 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bionic said:

Trust me, I dont condone walmart.  I don't like shopping there, but there really arent a ton of options in my area that have selections like walmart.  

Neck tattoos, forehead tattoos, pajamas..are you challenging me with walmart employee descriptions? Lol xD

I get it . The new giant one by me has everything ,its quite amazing .

Years ago some guys stole stuff out of lockers at the Bayview Y, I lost $90 and a credit card, they never found my snub nose .38 thank God.

I saw the guys but did not know what the were up to at that point, once I figured it out and called the cops, I went straight to Wal mart across the road .

I asked the Bell Ringer out front if he saw three so and so’s..... yep they just left ! I just missed them , they bought gift cards off the stolen CC before they got cancelled .