opening day trout season

Robhuntandfish

Got out today after setting up a ground blind for turkey season and patterning my gun. Tried the neversink river and I might have gotten one hit. Not sure because I looked behind me and only caught the strike indicator going back up. Tried a hares war in the pocket water and the head of a large pool (where I got the hit) and then switched to a black ghost streamer. By the end of the day there was ice building up in the guides. Water was warmer than the beaverkill and crystal clear. I even saw what I think was a tan caddis walking on one of the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Upside down pic.Little guy.first time I've got a line wet sence opener.hit the maribou jig on float down.waters still high dirty and moving at a good clip.not sure if they have stocked the creek yet or not(oatka)..looking at that fish with the bottom jaw being a black color I'm thinking a tank fish for sure.any opinions?

20180407_165543.jpg

20180407_162936.jpg

• Like 2

Fished from 730-130.managed 14 fish(released all)between us two.nothing big at all but still fun.tough for sure as it' still early.had to fish part of creek where it widened out.all fish were from that same spot.1 on a spoon,1 worm and the rest were on a white or white/chartreuse maribou jig.floating 14" or so under a thingamabobber.wow did it snow too!

20180408_103144.jpg

20180408_112239.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Fish.jpg

• Like 5

Neversinks my home river, where were you, over by Bridgeville?

Haven’t fished there in years. I used to park on the top of some trail and walk all the way down down down the hill. Not bad on the way in but sucked on the way out. Fun pocket water fishing with dries.(ausables were great there) Maybe I’ll swing back through this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My first every on a fly was by default. I broke my noodle rod at Burt dam and my buddy had a dicks sporting good special in his trunk with a handful of flys. One happened to be a black wooly bugger and I caught more fish than he did not knowing a thing. Been liking fly fishing since 

• Like 4