New bow

johnplav

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

“Upgrade” to the old Hoyt!  A buddy of mine wants to try archery.  Target for now, not sure about hunting.  I used to use this bow with a prong style rest, so I put a crappy old whisker biscuit on this crappy old bow and I’ll let him fling some arrows.  Im excited... I thought for sure this bow would never get used again.  

AB988CAB-7E98-40ED-9163-300B61D7CCBE.jpeg

DCDBA599-7D14-4326-9300-BBA14220A16B.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice new Bow JP.  Expect pic next fall of big antlers w the new upgrade.  
Your old Hoyt reminds me of my older bows I have my old Dartons that I started with.  I bought my 1st bow ever at Kmart when i was 18 in 1985. Think it retailed for $131 but I got the Blue Light Special that day at Kmart at paid $99 for it.  I still have it. Ha!
Good luck w the new Hoyt. 

11 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Your old Hoyt reminds me of my older bows I have my old Dartons that I started with.  I bought my 1st bow ever at Kmart when i was 18 in 1985. Think it retailed for $131 but I got the Blue Light Special that day at Kmart at paid $99 for it.  I still have it. Ha!

Pretty sure he killed a PY buck already with the new one.  Good start.  Lol

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Pretty sure he killed a PY buck already with the new one.  Good start.  Lol

No PY... I used my crossbow!  Bring on the hate.  Shot him at 25 yards, but honestly if I had my bow I probably would’ve shot at 30, since the path he was taking was toward me, but quartered to. 

2 hours ago, Lomax said:

No new bow...just an update.  But like you, I also paid $100 for my old bow.  I bought it from a coworker and it got me into the sport.  And I haven’t shot a deer with a gun since. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rob-c said:

Is that a old NAP QuickTime you took off ? sure looks like one ,it’s far from crappy, I actually put a old golden key future pro on my old Protec for a indoor set up. 

No clue what brand... it worked fine but gave me a horrible habit of holding the arrow with my pointer finger. 

B916D8C7-1038-4010-B5B1-5E2AC209C20D.jpeg

E802F0C7-A144-45B7-B936-0A9141F03B86.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johnplav said:

No clue what brand... it worked fine but gave me a horrible habit of holding the arrow with my pointer finger. 

B916D8C7-1038-4010-B5B1-5E2AC209C20D.jpeg

E802F0C7-A144-45B7-B936-0A9141F03B86.jpeg

Yep it’s a old N.A.P QuickTune with the Hoyt  mounting plate . They were a huge jump from the old flipper rests . One could always tell when his bow was out of tune by just looking at the prongs. One prong would show more wear than the other.

4D88F690-AADD-44A8-ADAF-D64A6ECCE336.png

• Thanks 1