What's the coldest temperature you can remember hunting in

Hunter007

On 8/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, Pygmy said:

Ten below the opening day of PA antlerless season many years ago...

Did you ever do one of those crazy drive up Caribou winter hunts in Quebec near LG 4?

Went really late one year and left my truck running continuous. Couple dudes from NY City were really nice guys and we hunted together but their truck froze and I gave one a ride back to Val D'or where he was going to meet his wife driving up.  

Holy crap that was cold, put your hands inside a Caribou was awesome, but could just get them quartered and they froze.

• Like 2

233e01c716e1f04d685110ff634a4a1c.jpg

17f6c475f926c0477e16c2d13b205f94.jpg

Minnesota hunting bobcats. Got to -30 no counting windchill. Spent 8+ hours outside tracking bobcats. My eyelashes kept freezing but amazing howif you have the right clothes you can be fine and I hate the cold! I was worried about my piss freezing midstream lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Did you ever do one of those crazy drive up Caribou winter hunts in Quebec near LG 4?

Went really late one year and left my truck running continuous. Couple dudes from NY City were really nice guys and we hunted together but their truck froze and I gave one a ride back to Val D'or where he was going to meet his wife driving up.  

Holy crap that was cold, put your hands inside a Caribou was awesome, but could just get them quartered and they froze.

Nope....Too much driving and too cold for this old white boy....

I'd rather go up around the first of September and take my chances with the bugs...

im not gonna say. Because now that i think about it, leaving a warm bed to go out into the woods in below zero cold doesnt make any of us look like the geniuses we obviously are.  lol

I guess if i HAD to hunt for food then i have an excuse but I am pretty sure that isnt the case and a legion fish fry or breakfast at the diner wont even get me out if its below zero either.  

It was -4 in the morning and we were bowhunting late season. All I could focus on was staying warm and how I had no idea how I was going to draw my bow with all of those clothes on and the inability to feel my hands or feet. We lasted about 2.5 hours, never again. Gun hunting maybe, but not bow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure exactly. It's been well below zero a few times.The coldest I have ever been  was the 1st week of December one year. I sat in my treestand for a morning hunt the wind was really  blowing.  I toughed it out for 2 hours.  About 1 1/2 more than I should have..lol.. I was barely able to get out of my stand because I was so stiff, numb ,and cold.. 

After hitting the ground I tucked my rifle under my arm,stuck my hands in my pocket, and started jogging towards the rd. About a 100yds in I stubbed my tow and of course with my hands in my pocket i took a headplant into the snow..

Funny now. Not so much at the time.   ;)