anyone add new ground this year?

Robhuntandfish

1 hour ago, grampy said:

My heart goes out to you my friend. But don't let it break your spirit. A new opportunity WILL come along. As moog said, a new door will open for you! Perhaps, even better than what you had. Good things happen, to good people. You'll see.

Thanks for the lift Grampy! That is what i keep telling myself. In a way i feel like its a reality check as well, in more ways than one. Gets me back to the finer things in life, maybe not be as picky about harvest criteria, be thankful for what i have and the time that i have hear on earth, spend it with my family, whethe rit shunting our small parcel or anything else. etc.. As you mentioned, if a greater opportunity arise because of this, that would be amazing for sure.

Thanks again!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Thanks for the lift Grampy! That is what i keep telling myself. In a way i feel like its a reality check as well, in more ways than one. Gets me back to the finer things in life, maybe not be as picky about harvest criteria, be thankful for what i have and the time that i have hear on earth, spend it with my family, whethe rit shunting our small parcel or anything else. etc.. As you mentioned, if a greater opportunity arise because of this, that would be amazing for sure.

Thanks again!

Very good outlook!

• Like 2

That sucks sounds like she had that planned even before she had the land, if she new you had plots and had been there so many years she would have reached out to you first if not preplanned we have all been there. happen to me several times . I think this has happened in some way to everyone thats why when i found property i could afford i bought it.. Good luck

Update: Old Landowners son (New owners brother) Stepped in after seeing how shady this deal went down and put a nix to the lease deal. From hearing a few things the new "lease guy" mentioned he was going to do with the proerty. He Told his sisters and the rest of the family as well as the man who tried leasing, that the family property will never ever be leased for as long as he is alive. Gave the guy permission to hunt, but to not interfere with how things work on the property and to have us go about the property as we always have!  What great news. That made my season! 

The sisters returned the money he deposited(very little for a 110 acres lease).  

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Update: Old Landowners son (New owners brother) Stepped in after seeing how shady this deal went down and put a nix to the lease deal. From hearing a few things the new "lease guy" mentioned he was going to do with the proerty. He Told his sisters and the rest of the family as well as the man who tried leasing, that the family property will never ever be leased for as long as he is alive. Gave the guy permission to hunt, but to not interfere with how things work on the property and to have us go about the property as we always have!  What great news. That made my season! 

The sisters returned the money he deposited(very little for a 110 acres lease).  

hope you didnt terminate those plots yet...  glad you still have access. you may want to pull up nys law and show how if its leased they are not covered but they are because you do not lease. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

hope you didnt terminate those plots yet...  glad you still have access. you may want to pull up nys law and show how if its leased they are not covered but they are because you do not lease. 

Did not terminate plots, thankfully. Im going to take a pic today i hope. I have a screen that is well over 12ft, brassicas that 2 weeks ago were doing great, though already being eaten on.. Glad i dont have to terminate. this spot is my fav.

I will look into the laws.. I offered some money just to hold a spot on the property years ago, but they wanted nothing to do with it, just said use the property and take care of it.. they dont want any "deals .. etc.." So i was grateful but worried as well, in case someone tried coming in and doing what just almost happened here.. 

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 1

I bought a new piece this year and have been working hard on it all summer. It’s been a lot of work, but I’m really looking forward to hunting my little slice of heaven this season. 

I am Actually backing out of one property I have access to for the most part this year. Too many issues with other hunters there, and it’s become more work to deal with than I have time for. I’ll do a bit of ground based hunting there, and use it to keep some pressure off of better ground. 

• Like 1