looking for advice

hawkenwoodsman

Hello ladies and gents:cheese:.. Iam looking to buy my first shotgun and Iam set on buying a benelli nova with the comet stock in a pump action. since I'm new to shotguns and what something easy to maintain.

I was thinking of going to field and stream or cabelas  there prices are good compared to LGS. Ive heard the guns at these store are not the same as what you get at LGS. What is your take??

P.S. going to use the shotgun for clay shooting and pheasant 

Same guns, years ago there was some specials made for Walmart etc.

I don’t like buying guns from big box stores, I would rather pay a couple extra bucks and support the little guy. In my experience if you go to a lgs and tell them you’d rather buy from them but this is what store X is selling them for they’ll match or get close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Buy my Ithaca in the classifieds here. 

Real history........

I can't vouch for the Benelli, but I will certainly vouch for the Ithaca model 37 you are selling.  I've owned them since the 70's. That one you have for sale Larry is a beauty!

I also will not give Dicks - F&S, one cent of my money!  As they are actively supporting anti gun legislation. 

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I can't vouch for the Benelli, but I will certainly vouch for the Ithaca model 37 you are selling.  I've owned them since the 70's. That one you have for sale Larry is a beauty!

I also will not give Dicks - F&S, one cent of my money!  As they are actively supporting anti gun legislation. 

I second that 1- great gun, 2- went to dicks in queens to get  some sawyers for  the ticks, well they have NO HUNTING, not even camo clothes anything related to hunting is verboten the girl working there told me so I walked out and never went back

• Like 2

Dick's Gun Grabbers decision this year to pay lobbyists to pursue gun control laws ended my purchases there.  I'm not about to give any money to anti-2A companies, to put it nicely.

Cabela's, your own LGS, those are the places I'd shop at for hunting needs.

• Like 1

I purchased a shotgun from Dick's a few years ago - it was incorrectly put together, the safety was broken, and things that should have been in the package were not.  Of course, no help from the idiot sales clerks.  Will never buy a gun (or bow) from a big box store again.  Plus, as others have pointed out, Dick's has now firmly established itself as in the camp of the enemy.  I won't set foot in a Dick's or F&S, ever again. 

Edit: we had one of those little Dick's points cards - my son (14 yo) attached it to an M-80 and blew it up.  I think he filmed it.  I raised that boy right!

Edited by jmark