Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

1 minute ago, Dinsdale said:

I owned the same Tracker for a few years and had some good times with it fishing around the state......enjoy.

Thanks much! Looking forward to it.  It was a big purchase for me and will be sure to put it to use! DEC is saying there is a million walleye in the lake. I hope to take my share. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Parked in driveway and ready for the maiden voyage.  Gotta get out and figure out new fish finder and troll motor.  

Rob, I'd like to send a maiden up from Dogpatch  for your maiden voyage., but they are hard to find around here.....

• Like 2

Rob, I'd like to send a maiden up from Dogpatch  for your maiden voyage., but they are hard to find around here.....
I'm not from Dogpatch, but I'd gladly be your +1. You can call me what you want, your gonna anyways.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Great day in the outdoors.  First brook trout in a while in a small stream off the mad river past Camden. Used to hunt there and haven't fished it in years.  Lots of deer sign too. Nice little brookie just over 9".  Catching stream trout always reminds me of Dad.  So kept it and cooked it for lunch.  With all the craziness going on needed a day like this.  

IMG_20200411_142954843.jpg

IMG_20200411_121745959.jpg

IMG_20200411_120521092.jpg

• Like 3

It's spring. Got some new gear.  These are gonna be walleye killers. Esp that rapala.  It's a super secret color lol.  Hard to find and not really for walleye. But it's gonna crush em casting in the canal. 

Not a big jig guy but put this one together.  Jighead is made like an ice fishing jigging rapala, then put a swim bait on it.  Think it might work. I like trying out new rigs. 

The three lures alike in different colors are for jigging too, more like a sonar which so many people use on the lake and I suck at.   But these are a little different so maybe I will have some luck on them. 

A couple of new colors of worm harnesses which is my best walleye catcher.  Slow trolling a worm harness is how I fish most often. 

Also a couple new rods. The baitcaster is the same as 2 others I use for slow trolling and drifting worm harnesses on braid. Great rigs for that. The other is actually a crappie combo that was on clearance sale .  Took a chance and ordered one and I love it. Gonna be perfect for casting with 6 lb with jigs and smaller stick baits for walleye. 

C'mon fishing season!  And that rapala will catch me at least 3 limits this season. I know it! 

IMG_20200422_183234901.jpg

IMG_20200422_181059423.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Otto said:

Rob, are you a fan of Hot-n-Tots?  One of my top producers!

I never did much trolling and I have soooo much gear it's obscene. Lol. But I do of course have a couple. 

I haven't used them on walleye but I know guys that love them for salmon. 

Ive been in stages, stream trout, bass and now mostly walleye these days. But i tend to use worm harnesses most of the time then if too rough stickbaits in the canal. 

I’ve got “too much” too, but every time I go to trim it down some, I can’t seem to part with any of it.  I need a grandson to give it all to.  When my brother saw all my fishing poles at camp, he laughed and could not figure out why I had so many.  I didn’t want to tell him that was only about half of my collection! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Otto said:

I’ve got “too much” too, but every time I go to trim it down some, I can’t seem to part with any of it.  I need a grandson to give it all to.  When my brother saw all my fishing poles at camp, he laughed and could not figure out why I had so many.  I didn’t want to tell him that was only about half of my collection! 

Too funny. I do the same thing and think I might have a yard sale and then I can't seem to part with any of the lures. I might need them.....lol. 

I have a small house and when I moved in the biggest bedroom became the hunt and fish room out of necessity. 

Glad I am not the only one. You and Andrew make me feel less crazy. 

Can I be your grandson? I’m grandfather-less it would be a perfect match!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1