Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

A bit of shooting today, final time before season starts. Will only shoot the bow some now.  But 30/30, 30-06 and 12G are ready.  

Xbow cracks me up.  3 shots and good to go.  Took one at 20 and right on, took one higher at 30 so not to hit other bolt and right on. Then took a 40 yard with a broadhead and put it right between them.  Bring on the season. 

IMG_20200919_095918118.jpg

IMG_20200919_113934892.jpg

IMG_20200919_110447070_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Going to be a little bit of a bittersweet season.  I have found out that I will no longer be able to hunt the area in 6S that I have hunted for the last 10-11 years after this season. No fault of mine just a change in what's happening there.  No hard feelings and I have been lucky to get to hunt it and take my biggest buck ever there.  I will still have the lease in 7F and will be set with that and a stand in 7J to hunt occasionally.   It was a good bow spot for sure and I will miss being there.  But I was less disappointed than I thought I might be. So I will enjoy this season and move on and feel lucky to have what I still have to hunt. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 4

Going to be a little bit of a bittersweet season.  I have found out that I will no longer be able to hunt the area in 6S that I have hunted for the last 10-11 years after this season. No fault of mine just a change in what's happening there.  No hard feelings and I have been lucky to get to hunt it and take my biggest buck ever there.  I will still have the lease in 7F and will be set with that and a stand in 7J to hunt occasionally.   It was a good bow spot for sure and I will miss being there.  But I was less disappointed than I thought I might be. So I will enjoy this season and move on and feel lucky to have what I still have to hunt. 

Is 6S your spot right by your house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Is 6S your spot right by your house?

No it's about 30 minutes away.  The lease in 7F I will still have and that's 6 minutes away.  I had more action in 7F last season but def hate to lose the spot, but happy I have what I have still.  And have this season yet. 

No it's about 30 minutes away.  The lease in 7F I will still have and that's 6 minutes away.  I had more action in 7F last season but def hate to lose the spot, but happy I have what I have still.  And have this season yet. 

I just talked to a guy that lost a spot last week Monday!

I couldn’t imagine being that close to the season and lose a hunting spot. He put in a brand new food plot and everything.

55 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I just talked to a guy that lost a spot last week Monday!

I couldn’t imagine being that close to the season and lose a hunting spot. He put in a brand new food plot and everything.

33 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

And to boot I think that guys spot was behind his house! Never take a spot for granted! It can be gone in the blink of an eye.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Def don't take it for granted. If I lost my spot in 7F I would be back to state land or knocking on doors. Me and a buddy have a lease and the owner is just an great guy.  We are def very lucky to have it.  We don't have a bunch of giant bucks but enough to keep us happy. We are happy to take a doe in a year and fill the freezer and have the feeling that you never know when a good one might step out.  And just being able to hunt a spot and not have to worry about others out there.  

That would suck to lose a spot right before season.  I am glad they gave me a years head notice. 

• Like 1

Hunt #2. 10/3

6S mosh pit.

First serious hunt of the year.  And doe down.  Saw 9 does and heard a buck grunt but he wouldn't show.  Crazy morn in the woods esp for early season.  Good to have some bank back in the freezer. Earliest I have ever filled a tag. 25 yard shot.  She went about 120 yards. 

IMG_20201003_094709839.jpg

• Like 11

Great shot, and got the pressure off with meat in the freezer! Now you can set your sights on a nice buck! Tough year last year. Some redemption early this year! Way to turn things around to the positive side!!!

Best of luck for the rest of the season!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Congrats! Appears to be a nice shot too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. All. Appreciate it much! 

Slightly quartering away.  Got lungs and it hit the outside shoulder.  I can't believe the damage the arrow did to that shoulder too. It was like I used a shotgun. Lost some meat to it even.  

24 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Bacon burgers look and sound aweosme.....what's the break down.....lbs. of venison to lbs. Of pork? How much bacon you grind in?

I buy a 3lb pack of bacon ends and pieces.  Grind and mix those into 11-12 #s of ground venison. It's become the only way I make it now.  Good stuff. 

I added in a dry onion soup mix and a few dashes of worchishire as well.  

Cooked a small burger to test it and it came out great.  

• Like 5

I buy a 3lb pack of bacon ends and pieces.  Grind and mix those into 11-12 #s of ground venison. It's become the only way I make it now.  Good stuff. 
Sounds like a doe needs to take a dirt nap on my end of the state!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Damn, Rob, you are making my mouth water.... You'd make some lucky guy a great wife...As a matter of fact, I think you are kind of cute.....Nope, forget about it...The Mermaid would kick the crap out of me AND you...<<sigh>>...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Damn, Rob, you are making my mouth water.... You'd make some lucky guy a great wife...As a matter of fact, I think you are kind of cute.....Nope, forget about it...The Mermaid would kick the crap out of me AND you...<<sigh>>...

Yup got getting on the bad side of any Gal that landed the Pygmy!  Lol.  

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I think i need a refund for the rohrbach's beef on wick i got for dinner and i need a rob's little burger o' heaven,ill be there in 2 hrs hahaha.sounds delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1