Another Massive Storm Coming Wednesday

The_Real_TCIII

13 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

I agree....I was exhausted for a week. Felt like I never stopped snow blowing....can't believe that old Toro held up to that abuse. She got a complete rebuild that summer.....new carb, belts, and even a good sandblasting and paint job.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My "trusty" Toro wont start this morning, I ran it all day yesterday not sure whats up

21 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My "trusty" Toro wont start this morning, I ran it all day yesterday not sure whats up

it's cold haha. The best feature on my craftsman is the electric start. I've rarely needed it except the first start of the season or when I had the pull rope break but it's clutch. just plug an extension cord in and press the button. 

I realize this doesn't help you at all. but things I would check are: flooded it, didn't prime enough, plug is gummed up just enough that the cold was the last straw in preventing the spark. very cold air is a lot more dense and could be throwing off your oxygen ratio. check your intake area/filter to make sure it's getting air. 

Starting to ramp up here in Hamburg(Lakeview). Boys wanted to go out so we were out for 20 or so minutes.

Good to see they wanted to be out even in these deteriorating conditions.

As I type this I can longer see across the road. I am less than an 1/8 from the Pinehurst section of Lake Erie and the west winds are pounding us right now.6a83a8a1fc636ed0d4289da527d919c1.jpgcf1130c7680a9e7c8ce4b04eb67fe6d2.jpg

• Like 1

Let the bidding war begin for Larry's snowblower!!!!! May push 200.00 before the day is over.

Also my wife just informed me Clarence Center has the highest snow total today so far.... Northtowns can keep it!

16 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Let the bidding war begin for Larry's snowblower!!!!! May push 200.00 before the day is over.

Also my wife just informed me Clarence Center has the highest snow total today so far.... Northtowns can keep it!

Word on the street is that it sold this morning

1 hour ago, Belo said:

it's cold haha. The best feature on my craftsman is the electric start. I've rarely needed it except the first start of the season or when I had the pull rope break but it's clutch. just plug an extension cord in and press the button. 

I realize this doesn't help you at all. but things I would check are: flooded it, didn't prime enough, plug is gummed up just enough that the cold was the last straw in preventing the spark. very cold air is a lot more dense and could be throwing off your oxygen ratio. check your intake area/filter to make sure it's getting air. 

Ive got the electric start but its just spinning, not engaging. It started a couple times but ran for 30 seconds or so then quit. Clogged intake may be a good call. The past couple days its started with half a pull. Im hoping it just needs to warm up a bit. Thank you for the  tips

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive got the electric start but its just spinning, not engaging. It started a couple times but ran for 30 seconds or so then quit. Clogged intake may be a good call. The past couple days its started with half a pull. Im hoping it just needs to warm up a bit. Thank you for the  tips

i'm not an expert, but even with the electric start, it could still be a bad plug. I believe most plugs have temp ratings and when things get this cold any amount of age or fouling might finally be enough. Some plugs are easy to pull and check. Should be pretty obvious if it's fouled up. Could also be a fuel line issue. Make sure all the hoses look good and if there's a filter that it isn't clogged. And of course, that there is gas in it haha.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive got the electric start but its just spinning, not engaging. It started a couple times but ran for 30 seconds or so then quit. Clogged intake may be a good call

If you can put in the basement or some place warm for about an hr. Sometimes the super cold is to much for them. And like Belo said check the plug.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

i'm not an expert, but even with the electric start, it could still be a bad plug. I believe most plugs have temp ratings and when things get this cold any amount of age or fouling might finally be enough. Some plugs are easy to pull and check. Should be pretty obvious if it's fouled up. Could also be a fuel line issue. Make sure all the hoses look good and if there's a filter that it isn't clogged. And of course, that there is gas in it haha.

My neighbor has the same machine and his throws snow a hell of a lot farther than mine, Im thinking I need a new belt too

• Like 1