Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Just now, TreeGuy said:

******URGENT UPDATE*********

Pygmy would like it noted that he has de-throned turkeyfeathers as the sheephead king !!!

I'll let him give the full report tomorrow.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hoping he took out the state record.  Which is from Oneida lake last year!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tarheel95 said:

Round 2 from Montauk today. 7 keeper sea bass. Tons of shorts, sea robins and one fluke that was a meal short of being a keeper. Great day on the ocean.

6cce633849f73a885e3ce3ae041cfb70.jpg44d88d2e97b0dc4aaa871341d4977343.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Those are nice sea bass are you fishing on the Viking ?

Those are nice sea bass are you fishing on the Viking ?
Thanks. Bigger sea bass in today's catch. Anything that needed to get measured was tossed back.

Fishing my father's boat. Keeps it in the marina next to the Viking.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Trust me, i really wanted to come too lol. Almost was able to move things around too, but no dice. We'll all get out together sometime soon hopefully! 

Curious about what we missed....I was 3/4 convinced to make the trip. Wrapping up day camp and get the call from my off site facility- kid fell - cut head , blood everywhere. Short version- kids fine after 2 staples but that sent me to ER with kid and mom until 6:00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, crappyice said:

Curious about what we missed....I was 3/4 convinced to make the trip. Wrapping up day camp and get the call from my off site facility- kid fell - cut head , blood everywhere. Short version- kids fine after 2 staples but that sent me to ER with kid and mom until 6:00

I was actually just thinking the same thing! He should be at his camp now. 

Best wading all season and best fish of the year for me, Easley a 24 inch brown 5a44d833183b950ae9584ee9e5feec02.jpg10bbf79fe25b8594ad8810cb26ea6f7e.jpg3a12e5618f21d9250253024c2a2cddde.jpg0f893044b6d2559f36ec321f6259577e.jpg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Thejerkman said:

Best wading all season and best fish of the year for me, Easley a 24 inch brown 5a44d833183b950ae9584ee9e5feec02.jpg10bbf79fe25b8594ad8810cb26ea6f7e.jpg3a12e5618f21d9250253024c2a2cddde.jpg0f893044b6d2559f36ec321f6259577e.jpg

That's a skinny big brown,or is it just the pics?

Still a blast to catch that thing i bet. Did you use an emerger or a dry?

Edited by BowmanMike

i know right - thought you were becoming a pro walleye guy!  Youve been overdue for silvers ! 
Not a pro... lol, and I love catching fish, but dang is it nice to know there's a fish at the end of the line !!!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just got back from Dunkirk  late this afternoon....My partner and I had a super trip....Totaled 18 keeper walleyes with the best fish  at 28" and 7 lb. 11 oz, plus several others at 5 lb plus...

Many thanks to Treeguy for steering us in the right direction...

We started the trip out with a little jigging, which turned up no walleyes , but I have USURPED Turkeyfeathers  as the sheepshead king....I landed about a dozen sheepies in about an hour of fishing, including a couple of real toads, on a black and purple bucktail jig...

All of our walleyes came on bottom bouncers and worm harnesses in 28 to 40 feet of water..

• Like 9

that mustve been a blast on a fly rod!  nice brown!  

It was thank god the water level was down I was able to get down stream of him and make him fight the current! He took out a lot of line easily a 15 min fight

• Like 2

That's a skinny big brown,or is it just the pics?
Still a blast to catch that thing i bet. Did you use an emerger or a dry?

Just the pics, he was thick but not a slob, caught him on a dry, I prefer to let the drys get wet and start to sit low on the water instead of use emergers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I just got back from Dunkirk  late this afternoon....My partner and I had a super trip....Totaled 18 keeper walleyes with the best fish  at 28" and 7 lb. 11 oz, plus several others at 5 lb plus...

Many thanks to Treeguy for steering us in the right direction...

We started the trip out with a little jigging, which turned up no walleyes , but I have USURPED Turkeyfeathers  as the sheepshead king....I landed about a dozen sheepies in about an hour of fishing, including a couple of real toads, on a black and purple bucktail jig...

All of our walleyes came on bottom bouncers and worm harnesses in 28 to 40 feet of water..

Nice Dan. Way to go. 28" is a beauty.  And worm harnesses is my usual setup on Oneida too. Def works. Glad it was a good trip. Freezer is stocked now! 

• Like 2