Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

How do you like running those tower type rod holders?? Getting back into the game this season and have seen a few guys with that style setup I believe for running online boards or dipseys.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I may have a set of "trees" I'll be selling....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I may have a set of "trees" I'll be selling....

Talk to me......+/- of the tree setup?
I am running a 16' open concept fishing boat. When I troll I currently run two downriggers and two rod holders for dipseys. Nothing fancy.

Talk to me......+/- of the tree setup?
I am running a 16' open concept fishing boat. When I troll I currently run two downriggers and two rod holders for dipseys. Nothing fancy.

Not really a dipsy holder. If your doing dipsys I like tube style holders. I have the cannon dual axis and they are perfect IMO. The trees are great for running in line planer boards. I have a set of "triples" that I use for rod storage and have been using them for running boards. Not as nice as the trees but doing the multi species / multiple program I'm just gonna use them.

Best thing I can tell you, when your on your buddies boats, think about what you like and don't, and what you would move where, and set your boat like that. Track systems are perfect because you can adjust rig holders anywhere you want, and if you have adjustable rod holders you can basically setup your boat however you want, whenever you want.

How do you like running those tower type rod holders?? Getting back into the game this season and have seen a few guys with that style setup I believe for running online boards or dipseys.

I love them, I use them for running inline boards. I got a super deal on these but was about to buy an expensive adjustable pair but now that I have these I have never wanted/needed to adjust them.

On a small boat like mine they also work awesome for rod storage, especially traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Good day on chatataqua today. My son with a nice little smallie, little walleye of mine, nice 36" musky caught while jigging for walleye, my son lost a 30" in the same spot. And my dad with a small walleye. A handful of perch  white bass, and my dad lost somethin big before we could see it.

20190701_144910.jpg

20190701_172553.jpg

20190701_150433.jpg

20190701_144919.jpg

20190701_100130.jpg

• Like 6

If you dont mind me asking How far down is the Methodist  pool . I'm not familiar.  Thought about making a trip down some afternoon. I am off  Thursday  through Saturday. I am more familiar  with  beaverkill. I would be coming from  Elmira area .  Its 2 hrs 10 minutes to Roscoe   and I'm thinking its 1.5 to Deposit. 

If you dont mind me asking How far down is the Methodist  pool . I'm not familiar.  Thought about making a trip down some afternoon. I am off  Thursday  through Saturday. I am more familiar  with  beaverkill. I would be coming from  Elmira area .  Its 2 hrs 10 minutes to Roscoe   and I'm thinking its 1.5 to Deposit. 

It’s in between the two you would get off in Hancock

2 minutes ago, Thejerkman said:

Dam that sucks. I was hoping you could make it

Trust me, i really wanted to come too lol. Almost was able to move things around too, but no dice. We'll all get out together sometime soon hopefully!