My initial / on going review of the EZV sight.

rob-c

So this sight intrigued me when I first read about it. If your not familiar with it , look it up it’s a  pretty cool  concept.

Ok , so a bit about my shooting style. I have always Concentrated on the target and blurred the pin . Not sure if this has helped with the transition to this sight but I picked up the concept  pretty quick . You use the V in  EZV to frame the vitals of your animal so naturally the top wide part of the V is 20 yards then closes together for longer distances  as the deer is farther away and the vitals get smaller. So I found it pretty easy to concentrate on my target and my brain /eye would naturally center it in the V. 

The  pictures are at 20 yards and I was kinda impressed with myself. I was grouping quite well after I got it sighted in.( the last time I shot my bow was the winter league )  So as of now pretty impressed with this sight, I love the open view concept and no pins in the way. 

1206880E-2664-4CD9-A548-17E556AD0758.jpeg

C21ED01A-6829-4957-A94F-9EE947F7C619.jpeg

6AB62D78-9EBA-4F5D-B9E5-604523B5F061.jpeg

6D7D9F2B-4D4E-4795-A57E-377AC889B166.jpeg

C0BC0217-F388-4CBC-AC77-4C4480BB480C.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Same concept as a trad bow sight called SRF.   Many like it for hunting.  Quick acquisition.   

I just looked up the SRF, And yes similar but the EZV is pre calculated to frame the deers vitals for the speed of one’s bow. And the EZV does have tick marks for yardages or you flip it and only use the V to frame. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I think it can be useful for hunting, but Its not nearly as percise as a pin imo

You are correct it is a hunting sight, but it’s added bonus is it’s a rangefinder also as placing the correct width of the V on the vitals gives instant feed back. 

Just now, rob-c said:

You are correct it is a hunting sight, but it’s added bonus is it’s a rangefinder also as placing the correct width of the V on the vitals gives instant feed back. 

Is it really? I would think it would be effected by the body size of the deer in question. 

21 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Is it really? I would think it would be effected by the body size of the deer in question. 

Do some research on it. Don’t take my word for it. I get being  skeptical. but until one has read about how it works and actually tried one, really has no traction with their posts or comments. 

41 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I cringe every time i see arrows close together that obviously hit each other at high speeds. I always envision the shaft of one of them exploding on the next shot.

I never usually shoot one spot at 20 or even 30, but wanted to see how I grouped with this new sighting concept.

7 hours ago, rob-c said:

Do some research on it. Don’t take my word for it. I get being  skeptical. but until one has read about how it works and actually tried one, really has no traction with their posts or comments. 

This is exactly what I have said about the Anchor Sight... not really a sight after all but an alignment device to eliminate the peep used by so many. But that's another story... https://archeryinnovations.com/what-is-anchor-sight/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nybuckboy said:

This is exactly what I have said about the Anchor Sight... not really a sight after all but an alignment device to eliminate the peep used by so many. But that's another story... https://archeryinnovations.com/what-is-anchor-sight/

Notice in my photos I use a old timberline no peep( the original before the anchor sight ). I  haven’t used a traditional peep in 15+ years . My son and wife also use a no peep, We all love shooting this way. 

i tried the ezv sight for a few months but switched back to pins. it's a really cool concept but just didn't work for me. I would practice with one of those life size cardboard cut outs of a deer in front of a target but found it difficult to judge exactly where vitals started and stopped at varying distances. I can't hold a bow steady enough to factor in distance, shot angle, and anatomy on an all brown animal. I know you have to factor all that in with pin sights too but I just couldn't get the hang of it. having a pin that tells me exactly where the arrow will hit at a certain distance just feels more comfortable to me. it's a great product but it just didn't work for me

• Like 1

Moved back to 30 tonight and not shooing to bad. I swapped out the 18-1 for my rinehart rhino block so I could see how I did on a solid brown deer target( at 30 I can’t see my black out line ) . Had a stray arrow here and there but considering this is the second string of shots with this sight , I am happy. 

910535AA-2D55-496C-9C44-73D765FB564F.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 6:00 AM, rob-c said:

Notice in my photos I use a old timberline no peep( the original before the anchor sight ). I  haven’t used a traditional peep in 15+ years . My son and wife also use a no peep, We all love shooting this way. 

I did notice that. I used to use the same one until the anchor sight.  I still have the Timberline no-peep. My son uses it as well.

Edited by nybuckboy

11 minutes ago, nybuckboy said:

I did notice that. I used to use the same one until the anchor sight.  I still have the Timberline no-peep. My son uses it as well.

I bought a anchor sight a few months ago, and I was shocked how large it is. I think I like the size of my no peep better . When timberline went out of business, I bought a few spares to keep just Incase I needed them. 

1 hour ago, nybuckboy said:

Did you know the dashes can be used for elevation for different yardage markers? Also I agree the AS is larger but also much brighter.

I assume the dashes  your talking about are the tic marks on the EZV ? If so yes. One uses the 20-30- 40 tic marks to make sure it’s the right insert for the speed of your bow

honestly I’ve never found the no peep not bright enough .

Edited by rob-c

On 8/2/2019 at 9:25 PM, rob-c said:

I assume the dashes  your talking about are the tic marks on the EZV ? If so yes. One uses the 20-30- 40 tic marks to make sure it’s the right insert for the speed of your bow

honestly I’ve never found the no peep not bright enough .

No - on the anchor sight