Rainy Day Reloading

grampy

19 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I need to get loading, trying to get other things done , just not enough time in the week. 

Same here. I just don't seem to find time during the week. And want to hit the range next weekend, or the one after that. Just a few shots to make sure my hunting rifle is dead on. This load works perfect in my Sako.

Once bow season starts time really gets scarce. So today was the perfect day for me to get lost in the basement.

I'm still relatively new at reloading. So I really take my time with case prep and the loading process. It is tedious, but I've found that I really get into it once I get going. 

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2

I finally got the time to load some 7mm-08 with Barnes TTSX copper bullets last Thursday.  I've been meaning to do that for at least 4 months.  I have more empties for other rifles I want to do as well, but don't need to do right away.  Always seems there are too many other more important things to do on my list.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grampy said:

Was a rainy day here today. So went down to the reloading bench, to get some 270 rounds done for the range and hunting. I find my time at the bench to be very relaxing, and enjoyable. 

140gr Nosler BT

52 gr of H4831

Overall lenght... 3.265

20190902_194329.thumb.jpg.a0955e981a9572a2877091ca47301e49.jpg20190902_195423.thumb.jpg.a2f118352dc845940fc9315cee608d32.jpg

Have you purchased a chronograph yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat junkie said:

Have you purchased a chronograph yet?

No.... But it is next on my 'must have' list for sure!! My buddy has one though, and when I was testing this load, it was right about 3000fps. Nice to hear from ya sir!

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

WOW some buddy got the reloading bug that bench is "loaded" compared to the  picture in your journal.Reloading is a great hobby within a hobby.

20180422_145031.thumb.jpg.fb7190fe8fbac7629d472c6cf9a80e62.jpg

Yes, I got the bug bad!!!.....:rolleyes:  The money spent in reloading gear, could have bought enough store ammo to last me the rest of my life. But...........the satisfaction of taking a deer with ammo I made up and tested myself, and the peace and tranquility I get while at the bench is.....priceless. And well worth the expense to me.

Of all the reloading stuff I bought, the four Reloading Manuals were the most valuable in getting started.

Also had plenty of help and advice from some members right here, that helped sooo much! Again a tip o' the hat and a hearty THANK YOU ! You guys know who you are.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

awesome.... still taking a back seat. i'll have to give away my components if i don't get the press and stuff to reload relatively soon. lol no use just sitting there. in the dehumidified safe. looks good Grampy!

I have an extra single stage press and some assorted stuff I upgraded, including a die set for 270.

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I have an extra single stage press and some assorted stuff I upgraded, including a die set for 270.

i'll keep that in mind but don't hold it for me alone. i'm sinking money into a garage right now. lol reason we haven't gone to a 3D shoot. trying to get it together before winter.

• Like 1