Checking cameras

RobC

i keep my cameras in high traffic (human) areas where i can check them whenever i have time. I try to stay out of bedding and staging areas. feed fields and scrapes on the edge of them are my favorites seem make my intrusion the least noticeable. its great if you get a picture of a good buck in a secret spot but the best chance to get him is the 1st time you set up on him. checking a camera every two weeks or even a month may be the 1 time to much and he's tipped off and your chance is gone....

If you aren't putting your Cam's in areas where deer are use to human activity and your are checking them more than every other week or so you are most likely ruining your chances at a mature deer, doe's and young bucks might be forgiving but the mature bucks will key in on your activities.  Trail camming is fun but needs to be treated just like hunting your favorite stand or you risk ruining your chances at your trophy of a lifetime especially once bucks change from summer to fall patterns they are alot less forgiving.  I have seen reaction to cam's by mature doe's and bucks from recon stands and they will walk quite a ways around a spot to avoid a cam it's pretty wild to see