anybody got a crossbow yet

bubba

And yet not of them can hold their own with the compounds on a 45 yd and under 3D competition."

"When shooting the same courses as the compounds, they don't come close to keeping up on the average."

Both statements are true - easy to see at the IBO website with scores posted for the last 10 years or so for the Worlds. No guesses, opinions or conjecture - just facts backed with results.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else find it very odd that the 2 moderators are always in a "heated debate" ? Come on guys relax a bit theres no need to turn every post into a mod debate.

You're absolutely right. It is so easy to get lured into a pissing contest when every opinion that is stated that is contrary to crossbows is met with a full-out combative stance and aggressive insult mode. I find that outside of the internet, I would normally not even associate with people that conduct themselves that way with that kind of personality, and I can't understand why I have been lured into doing so here. So, I guess the thing to do to spare other members from having to put up with this kind of nonsense is to simply stay out of commenting on anything to do with crossbows as others before me have decided to do.

I know that it is not normally my nature to engage conversation with someone of that kind of combative personality, and I refuse to do it anymore. Unlike some, that's not the reason I participate in internet forums and I don't see any need to change now.

I am not and never will be a fan of the crossbow.Its

a personal thing.Plus in my area where theres not much

of law inforcement present its just another way for the

outlaws to cheat and poach.Remember this is just a

personal situation I am sure some will really enjoy it.

I just have a hard time every yr with poaching and lawless

ness around my area in ulster county.We have antler

restrictions no one cares.using shotguns b=during muzzle-

loader seasons a big thing.But the biggest thing is on the

Friday night before rifle I can count between 10 to 15

rifle shots within a half to a mile around my hunting area.

Not being a fan of crossbows is just fine... saying that it will promote poaching is a bit out there as an argument against them..Having crossbow season or not i'm sure doesn't increase the amount of poachers... if they are poaching deer they will use any weapon they want... whether legal or not.. its not like they won't use a crossbow thats illegal the same as they would if it was a legal hunting weapon. Thats why they are called poachers because they don't care about legal or not.

They should just leave the crossbows available for regular season compound bows take enough of the challenge out of archery crossbows take all the challenge out its just like shooting a gun

well i think we as hunters should have the right to hunt with a crossbow during archery season if we so choose to, seems like quite the double standard for someone who preaches "dont tread on me" there sir?? or are other peoples rights only OK if you say so???

I am not and never will be a fan of the crossbow.Its

a personal thing.Plus in my area where theres not much

of law inforcement present its just another way for the

outlaws to cheat and poach.Remember this is just a

personal situation I am sure some will really enjoy it.

I just have a hard time every yr with poaching and lawless

ness around my area in ulster county.We have antler

restrictions no one cares.using shotguns b=during muzzle-

loader seasons a big thing.But the biggest thing is on the

Friday night before rifle I can count between 10 to 15

rifle shots within a half to a mile around my hunting area.

i've hunted Ulster county for close to 40 yrs and dont see all this poaching you are talking about, or do i see how crossbows will promote poaching?? unless your talking about Ulster England or something, who the hell knows what the Brits do over there when it comes to hunting, oh yea 40 horses chasing one fox, gotta be the other side of the pond your talking about?

Edited by sits in trees

You people keep droning away about what a piece of crap the crossbows are. It kind of makes you wonder what is wrong with the people of Ohio who are now seeing more crossbow users in their bowseason than vertical bows. Boy, are they ever messed up.

i dont hear anyone talking about crossbows being crap, but i have heard you compare crossbows to rifles, laser beams, and ICBM's.

I heard those things can shoot 500 yards on a string... imagine the havic that might raise with a bowhunt with traditional or compound equipment. Not sure how I will sleep thinking that some hunter might totally ruin my trad bow hunting experience. picture it.. somewhere someone will be launching arrow like objects great distances at over 300 fps at some unsuspecting deer while I'm trying to hunt with my little ol' recurve... oh wait.. that might just be a compound bow... no maybe a crossbow... either way.. its gonna totally ruin my bowhunting... :P

I heard those things can shoot 500 yards on a string... imagine the havic that might raise with a bowhunt with traditional or compound equipment. Not sure how I will sleep thinking that some hunter might totally ruin my trad bow hunting experience. picture it.. somewhere someone will be launching arrow like objects great distances at over 300 fps at some unsuspecting deer while I'm trying to hunt with my little ol' recurve... oh wait.. that might just be a compound bow... no maybe a crossbow... either way.. its gonna totally ruin my bowhunting... :P

Wait, people hunt with recurves?