Barking coyote

Water Rat

5 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Kind of Wish you did not show the Bloody Foot in that Trap... 

I was just trying to show the holding power and the perfect high catch that the trap made. Unfortunately these things can happen when an animal fights the trap.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Kind of Wish you did not show the Bloody Foot in that Trap... 

Sometimes mother nature is not kind and the results are not always pretty. Here is a fox that coyotes destroyed when it couldn't even defend itself. Coyotes are not politically correct.

IMG_20190107_103055.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Dirt Time that's the set,not a den.

water rat are you using wax dirt or peatmoss? i'm still in the process of getting everything together.

Hay sets are good for cold temps too and buckwheat hulls to bed traps 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Thanks I checked out a few youtubes looks good.I like the idea of not having to chop into the frozen ground to make the set.

Hay sets on frozen creeks make nice attraction , canines love to run them.  Caught 5 red fox in same yet years back. Gather of the hay which now has more Fox scent on it , reset quick and good to go. No bedding needed as you said.  Use scissors to cut up some smaller pieces to lightly cover trap. Too big and they’ll clog jaws.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rachunter said:

Dirt Time that's the set,not a den.

water rat are you using wax dirt or peatmoss? i'm still in the process of getting everything together.

I'm using wax dirt. I've never had any luck with peat moss in the winter. Once it gets wet and freezes , the set becomes inoperable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah..The peat moss cost me a bobcat this fall...The night before I was going to pull the traps, it rained and froze and then snowed a couple of inches...I had cat going across the trap going into the cubby, and out of the cubby....Prints were in the fresh snow, but the freezing rain had iced the trap over enough so it did not fire...