Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

Saw a lot of Doe this morning all too far for a shot.Saw a small buck only 4pntr had to let him walk AR.Got cold feet so started to walk a bit,jump 7 0r 8 Doe no shot.Sat for a bit and started to walk when I saw a deer 30 yards in front of me he stopped I saw he was big put the pin on his chest and whack!He stumbled and took off Found hair and blood put my hat down and backed out.Waited an hour and half found A great blood trail 1 pool of blood and it all just stopped! Searched for 3 hours found nothing.Lost my first archery deer.Feel like sh-t right now,this is killing me.

O boi..after a quick look..no blood..no hair..no arrow..i specifically went back to the same spot to see if i could get that arrowed buck i saw earlier....damit..was a good hit..maybe 20 yds..sooo..ill scoot home..grab a bite..come back in a bit..yotes have been nuts lately..thats my biggest fear

Saw a lot of Doe this morning all too far for a shot.Saw a small buck only 4pntr had to let him walk AR.Got cold feet so started to walk a bit,jump 7 0r 8 Doe no shot.Sat for a bit and started to walk when I saw a deer 30 yards in front of me he stopped I saw he was big put the pin on his chest and whack!He stumbled and took off Found hair and blood put my hat down and backed out.Waited an hour and half found A great blood trail 1 pool of blood and it all just stopped! Searched for 3 hours found nothing.Lost my first archery deer.Feel like sh-t right now,this is killing me.

Call DSI and see if anyone is available to help you out.

O boi..after a quick look..no blood..no hair..no arrow..i specifically went back to the same spot to see if i could get that arrowed buck i saw earlier....damit..was a good hit..maybe 20 yds..sooo..ill scoot home..grab a bite..come back in a bit..yotes have been nuts lately..thats my biggest fear

I know that feeling...hope you find something.

Take heart ... it happens to the best ... You searched and gave it your all !

I just got home a little bit ago, this morning went to the stand where I have a trail cam set up. I have not had a chance to look at the pics in the morning so I took a chance and sat the morning shift. Had 3 does come by and walk right under me. Had a real nice buck come out sniff the trail nippled a little bit then went back in the thick stuff for the day. He was about 40 yards away and just didnt feel comfortable with the shot so I let him walk. More does for the night shift and I have that buck on my mind. Would be my first with the bow.

well we all got home alittle while ago, had fun even though we did not get anything again, seen alot but could not get them to come in close enough to shoot, and at one point at the one spot we were at hubby walked up to where me and the kids were at and he came up to us WHITE AS A DANG GHOST, he walked up on a bedding area on state land, and was stampede by about 20-30 deer all he could do was hug a dang tree to protect himself( and no he is not a tree hugger) and his heart is still pounding, we stopped for gas on way home and some guy was talking about a video that he took of a guy hugging a tree with the deer toward him so we might end up seeing this video on youtube cause we do not if it was hubby or not cause the guy did not say what area he was in, all this due to trying to confirm a hit or a miss on a big doe he shot at, a miss thank god confirmed by finding the arrow stuck on a dang tree , then me and the 2 younger kids see a buck that would not break completely out of the bushes for a shot and all he would do is tease me by just sticking his head out and back in the bushes, and not once looked at our direction, then he ran off the other way and I am still shaking from the excitement cause it would be my first kill ever,

Just for the record that is completely legal..I know a lot of people dont like it but personaly i dont care what a lot of people like.You can legaly park you car get out walk 15 yards in and and take the shot..If i seen a buck like that he would be a goner id stalk him right till i had a shot!!

buck thanks for the information. now if this doe teases me again i will shoot. this morning was the 2nd day in a row.

Got out early this am and had trouble finding the stand. (I'm such an idiot!) Knew I was close to it, just had to wait for more light. Anyway, made it up the tree by a little after 6. At 8:15 a small buck strolled by at 40 yds. Didn't seem spooked or nervous, and didn't seem to be chasing. I hope he or his daddy comes back by, cause it will be lights out. As best I can figure this will be my 12th time out, and I've seen about as many deer. Haven't fired a shot yet. Maybe I'm being too picky I just don't want to take a questionable shot. Either way, I can taste it so bad I told the wife I wasn't coming out of the woods today until I was dragging a dead deer with me. Wish me luck guys!