Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

NY Archer, Congrats that is a great buck!

Yesterday I saw nothing, first hunt this year I was sunked and I have sat for 11 hunts.

I am headed for the wood lot where on Sunday I saw around 9 bucks, forecast is for a 5mph wind from S.

Picked up 2 new ladder stand from gander yesterday midday, got one together hope to get that up on the N line of my main woodlot... 37 acres on that side. I got 50 on the other side, that has plots, alot of edge habitat, about 50% woods, 50% fields fallow, and 4 acres plot.

Goodluck fellas!

To all my dedicated NY hunters who help spread the word on activity levels day to day. Thumbs up to Geno C. who we probably have over 500 text messages to each other keeping each other informed as to what's going on in the field. It's working...

I got into my stand at around 7:00am. I had movement from around 7:30 to about 8:00 which was just under some trees that were still holding leaves. At 8:03am I noticed the sound was getting closer and it was time for me to turn to my right to see what was happening. Well there he stood just walking along and keeping his eye on a little doe that was within his range. He continued to walk into my shooting range and that is when I released. The shot was just at around 20 yards broadside. He ran 40 yards in my view and looked to have lost his balance. Almost like he was drunk and passed out. It was a perfect morning with temps in the 30 degrees and wind under 5 mph in my face. I hope you enjoy the story and pics. My first Halloween buck.

post-1443-0-47004600-1320111836_thumb.jp

post-1443-0-62116300-1320111850_thumb.jp

Joey congrats on the buck! finally we are starting to see some of these big boys doing what they are supposed to do. Im glad you were able to capitalize on this stud and on halloween none the less!

Now you can go to Ohio this weekend and kill an even bigger one!

like Joey stated these text messages going off really keep us in tune as to whats going on in the area and it sure paid off.

1.5 more hrs..then drop the kids off at g'mas house(luckily she lives 2min away, and 13 steps from the woods)then im out by 4..gonna get the stalk on..do some rattlin at choice locales and a bit of gruntin and leave kickin..see if i can reel one in! Id rather see deer runin than nothin at all!

Great morning to be in the stand. Saw a doe getting chased out of her bed... But nothing followed. Hoping to score my first birthday buck ever... Been hunting for 15 bow seasons and have never got a deer on my birthday, maybe 30 is the magical year. Told the girlfriend to wish me luck on a big buck, not a happy birthday ! G'luck all. Off to score some birthday dmp's !

Great morning to be in the stand. Saw a doe getting chased out of her bed... But nothing followed. Hoping to score my first birthday buck ever... Been hunting for 15 bow seasons and have never got a deer on my birthday, maybe 30 is the magical year. Told the girlfriend to wish me luck on a big buck, not a happy birthday ! G'luck all. Off to score some birthday dmp's !

Happy Birthday. I am envious that you can legally kill a deer on your birthday! Good luck.

1.5 more hrs..then drop the kids off at g'mas house(luckily she lives 2min away, and 13 steps from the woods)then im out by 4..gonna get the stalk on..do some rattlin at choice locales and a bit of gruntin and leave kickin..see if i can reel one in! Id rather see deer runin than nothin at all!

goodluck Pat!

Drove to lease....neighbor farmer is plowing the muck field with 10 mexican or latino farm hands. They are blaring mariachi like music out of a loudspeaker. Been this way since i got here at 3. Im only 60 yds from them. Wind wont let me hunt another stand.