Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

OMG my Feet hurt!....got in at 5:30a.m and all was great... I could see pretty well and knew the deer were in the farmers cut corn field...just cut ...for they would have spooked...half way up the ladder deer are coming in and are right on top of me....buck chasing doe three different groups the first was young buck and I think fawns....I ended up having to stand on that little round rung for 15min...before three huge buck chased a doe up and then stopped to tick racks....then I made my move and got to the platform....still unable to move much because I have a hip quiver and the fletchings looked like little neon bouncy balls in the dark....I finally got the quiver on it's peg but my bow was still on the ground with a deer checking it out!!.....Holy moly I may have to up my blood pressure meds !!....Finally deer moved off and I was able to get settled ....as day break came I could hear and see deer running everywhere ....by 9a.m. I had a great 9pt come in ...the halo buck under the stand 2x's ....a button pace back and forth for 25mins trying hard to wind me then sniffed the ladder.....I only saw one doe fawn during shooting hours....Can't shoot a buck and I just couldn't stand it any longer...aaauugggghhh....If things don't change much in the next 5days...I know where I'll be opening morning :spiteful: The wind got wild...don't want to alert the deer

Got in the stand about 3:30. Seems like it should be just right other than a little more breeze than I'd like. Am I the only one getting sick of getting up at the ass crack of dawn, spending countless hrs in the woods to only SEE frickin deer?? All I know is I just bought a new slug barrel and scope for my shotgun and she's practically driving tacks at 100 yds. I'm ready for redemption in 6 days!! I have fallen in love with now hunting, as it's my first year, but I don't remember this much frustration since puberty!! It high time for something to DIE.

Got in the stand about 3:30. Seems like it should be just right other than a little more breeze than I'd like. Am I the only one getting sick of getting up at the ass crack of dawn, spending countless hrs in the woods to only SEE frickin deer?? All I know is I just bought a new slug barrel and scope for my shotgun and she's practically driving tacks at 100 yds. I'm ready for redemption in 6 days!! I have fallen in love with now hunting, as it's my first year, but I don't remember this much frustration since puberty!! It high time for something to DIE.

I know what you mean. I love to bowhunt but I have had some seasons where I just can't wait to get that rifle in my hands.

It's quite windy out here in 8f this morning. However I did see 4 does along side the road on my way to the stand this morning. First morning for that so maybe the activity is picking up. We'll see. Get to hunt till about 9 this morning then have to go get on a plane and head to OH for most of the week. I'd take my gear with me but not sure what the hotel would think about cutting up a deer in the room. Lol. Oh well, I'll get to hunt there again on Thanksgiving weekend. I'd definitely love a chance at one of their slammers!

Any of you guys that have already killed a buck and are looking to kill a doe, you should carry your little P&S camera and snap some pics of those bucks you can't shoot.

Gives you something fun to do and record!!

This buck got a pass at 9 yards last week.......

DeerSeason2011007.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz

From my dest I can look out the window into my back yard and so far while sitting here in the last 15 min. I have seem 6 does and 2 bucks run through and back. The chase is on in full swing. This is the first that I have seem any hard running.Right now the 7th doe is out back all by herself and she is looking nervous and spooky. There she goes, but I didn't see any buck.This is in 7s town of Windsor

Back in the woods after my longest hiatus of the year (2.5 days).

Got in around 1:40, moderate rain and wind covered my noise on the way in. Both have since pretty much subsided.

Awfully warm but equally cloudy, if rut is really on this is as good a day as any.

So far nothin but a family of coons all stacked up on each other in the crotch of an ash @ 25yrds..... I dared them to stay till quittin time.... It's too quiet to start flingin arrows at rodents. Other than the coons, nothin moving but this is my kinda day. G'luck all

hubby has not been out in about a week and a half. Of all time for him to have vehicle problems. after a few cheaper attempt at repair, he took the vehicle to a mechanic, only to find out he has a blown head gasket, and really not willing to put the high price repair on a vehicle that really is not worth it, so he is now looking for a new vehicle. hope he has one by saturday, or i may have to find a HUGE rock to hide under, as he may explode by then. He spent all summer getting ready for gun season and now may miss opening day.