Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

Saw something through the scrub brush this am around 7, stayed out til about 11 when the neighbor felt the need to go four wheeling and wood cutting. After hearing chainsaws and a jeep for a half hour, called the quits and made some smoked chicken for the rest of the afternoon. Hopefully all the idiots go back to work tomorrow and I can see some action in the am. Anyone else going out tomorrow?

Opening weekend was a bust for me. Only saw about 5 doe running out of the corn into the brush to my right. No shot. At about 7:00AM I had an oddball buck (Picture on the right) running a doe right under my stand. He nearly bumps into my tree. He stops to my right and looks up at me, I looked at him and he continued on. I named him "Oddball" from the movie Kelly's Heros. The doe comes running out of the brush to my right and stands right in front of my stand at 25 yards. She winds me and trots off back where she came from. I decided to let her pass as it was way too early.

Yesterday morning I see a half a six pointer stumble out of the corn directly in front of me and he stands broadside for about 3 minutes. He had 3 points on one side and nothing on the other. It must have fallen off during fighting. It was as if he was teasing me and telling me - "Ha! I know you won't shoot me cause I only got one antler. Na na na na na na". I let him pass and "we" agreed that next year we will meet at the same place, same time and he promised that he would keep his other antler. :P

The best part of the weekend was when I checked my trail cam on Friday morning. Much to my surprise I was delighted to see this big brute (left picture) coming through the trail at 11:30AM on November 7th. I saw him during my sit on Saturday in the middle of the corn field just popping his head up a few times and bedding back down. No shot presented. I named him Brutus. I can't wait until the locals harvest the corn. I got tired of looking back and forth trying to determine if I saw a tail flick or the ear of corn stalk moving. After a while your mind starts playing tricks on you. :fie:

Hopefully next time I go up he'll still be around and the corn will be cut.

post-1257-0-70585100-1321886054_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-43993800-1321886717_thumb.jp

i didnt have any luck this weekend but i came across 4 dead bucks on the state land that i was hunting saturday afternoon found a gut shot 8 pt from earlier in the morning then found 3 more threw out te weekend the other 3 were all laying there for a while mostly torn apart from coyotes and all three had there racks cut off of them.

i didnt have any luck this weekend but i came across 4 dead bucks on the state land that i was hunting saturday afternoon found a gut shot 8 pt from earlier in the morning then found 3 more threw out te weekend the other 3 were all laying there for a while mostly torn apart from coyotes and all three had there racks cut off of them.

That's a shame !

Shawn was that at Letchworth ?

Absolutely nothing...the guys that were shooting after hours....and lost the deer they were shooting at came back this a.m.....I watched a patrol car drive by and it's amazing...no shots before days opener,,,go figure....well at 7 50 they let loos in the same spot again....lets hope it was the one they wounded...and I'm hoping a small buck...get them out of the woods!...I just came in...toes frozen warm up and right back out

I was hoping it was someplace else although no place else would be best.Sorry to hear that. I hunt Letchworth too sometimes.Good luck.
its a nice place to hunt. there were less hunters out this year then last year and not many deer hanging at the cabins. good luck