NH laker

mowin

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

that thing is a monster! looks like they had a hell of a time getting i thru the ice hole,  Shes all scratched up.  But wow what a fish. 

Ya, I noticed that.  Buddy of mine read they pulled this through a 8" hole.  No wonder it's not too pretty. 

Wow, is all I have to say...but am I the only one who thinks lakers get ugly as sin as they get bigger? not sure I would want that on the wall.

And the smaller lake trout absolutely taste better and have better texture.  probably in the old days that old whale would have just been fed to the dogs.

Just now, Daveboone said:

Wow, is all I have to say...but am I the only one who thinks lakers get ugly as sin as they get bigger? not sure I would want that on the wall.

And the smaller lake trout absolutely taste better and have better texture.  probably in the old days that old whale would have just been fed to the dogs.

Agree.  But if I caught a state record, it's going on the wall.  

Go to Maine every yr for a ice fishing trip to West grand lake.  Did good this year.  6 guys caught over 40 fish.  Lakers, salmon and whitefish.  Biggest Laker was 24".   Had to toss it back as this lake has a 23" to 32" slot limit.